Chapter Four

Back at her hotel room Jessica got out the shower and grabbed for her dressing gown. As she walked into the bedroom she checked her phone. She had a message from Danny. Smiling she read it. "Hello Miss Lange, hope you got back ok. Thanks for last night and this morning. If your not busy tonight do you want to come for a drink with me. Danny x" Jessica grinned to herself as she replied with "Hello Mr Huston, that would be great shall we say around 7? X" "Perfect, I know a nice little bar not far from my hotel" he text back "I'll pick you up" Jess put her phone down and looked at the time. 4 hours, she opened her closet to find an outfit.
Both dressed in black, Danny in a nice tailored suit and Jess wearing a tight black knee length dress, with black Dior shoes they walked into a swanky bar called The Cure. Inside it had this 40's feel to it. "It's lovely" exclaimed Jess. "I chose it because they do good drinks and it's quite private, I've been coming here a lot after shoots" he replied. Danny and Jess made their way to the bar. As they ordered their drinks, Danny a whiskey on the rocks and Jess a southern comfort they heard someone singing on the karaoke. Danny looked at Jess. "I dare you" he winked. Laughing Jess shook her head "You won't get me up there". "Oh we will soon see about that" he teased.

Four drinks later Jess started to feel a little woozy. Danny could see her in eyes and body language that she was tipsy. He knew it was his moment to strike. "Stay here" he gestured. Jess wondered what on earth he was doing as he walked off. Too her horror she saw Danny talking to the karaoke man. "Oh fuck" she thought as Danny looked back at her and winked. She watched him climb up onto the stage. "I'm dedicating this song to a very special lady" he said on the microphone pointing to Jess. Everyone turned around as Jess buried her face in her hands feeling herself going red. "I'm going kill him" she thought as she raised her head to smirked at Danny. The music started to play and Danny started to sing Tom Jones - she's a lady. "Well she's all you'd ever want she's the kind Id like to flaunt and take to dinner. Well she always knows her place she's got style she's got grace she's a winner. She's a lady woa she's a lady" Jess looked at him and grinned. He surprisingly had a very good voice. She couldn't help but smile at his song choice. Danny continued to sing at Jess, pointing every now and again. When the song finished everyone applauded. Danny jumped off the stage and made his way back over to where Jess was sitting. "Your turn" he joked. Jess giggled as she playfully tapped his arm. She shook her head, "I am not singing in front of all these people" she replied. Danny grinned "Oh yes you are" he teased. Just as he said that an announcement was made over the microphone. "Next up we have Miss Jessica Lange, everybody give it up for miss Lange" Jessica shot a look at Danny who was laughing. "No way" she said. With that everyone in the bar was now looking in her direction and chanting "SUPREME, SUPREME, SUPREME" Jessica giggled with embarrassment as she glanced around the room. "Go on supreme, give the people want they want" Danny beamed. Jess gave mouthed Ill get you for this as she made her way through the crowded bar and people cheering her. As she got to the stage she turned and smiled at Danny. Looking at the song choices she chose one for him. Up on the stage Jess could feel her heart beating fast. She wasn't a singer she didn't even think she could sing. She was so nervous. With that she didn't have enough time to think as the music started to play. Jessica looked at the screen waiting for the words.

"I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style. And so I came to see him to listen for a while. And their he was this young boy a stranger to my eyes"

"Strumming my pain with his fingers, singing my life with his words. Killing me softly with his song, killing me softly with his song telling my whole life with his worlds killing me softly. With his song".

Jessica caressed the microphone stand with her hands and gently swayed her body as and continued to sing. The whole audience including Danny was hypnotised by her beauty and voice. She could really hold a tune.

"I felt all flushed with fever, embarrassed by the crowd, I felt he found my letters and read each one out loud. I prayed that he would finish. But he just kept right onnn".

"Strumming my pain with his fingers, singing my life with his words. Killing me softly with his song, killing me softly with his song telling my whole life with his worlds killing me softly. With his song"

"He sang as if he knew me. In all my dark despair. And then he looked right through me as if I wasn't there. And he just kept on singing. Singing clear and strong"

"Strumming my pain with his fingers, singing my life with his words. Killing me softly with his song, killing me softly with his song telling my whole life with his worlds killing me softly. With his song"

As the song came to a finish Jessica smiled over at Danny as the whole bar stood up in a standing ovation, clapping and cheering. Jessica threw her head back and laughed as she did a little bow. She made her way back to Danny who had the biggest grin on his face. "You were amazing" he exclaimed. "Thanks" Jessica said going red. "You owe me drink for that" she smirked as she seductively licked her lip. "Oh baby" he said. "I owe you a lot more than that".