Conscription

Conscription day was here. My oldest brother milo would be sent off to die. I've tried not thinking this way about it but its true there sending him away to sing seed songs and die. Ever since the incident with are older sister maylee I've never looked at the military the same. Nor will I ever look at it the same. It's 11:55. "Milo you better not die, im seriously no kidding!" I sobbed out giving him a hug. Martin was very quiet witch is very unusual for him. "Yeah cause if you die well be the last of the line. So please stay smart." Martin finally spoke. "Maddex and you too Martin ill be fine. I have to go through basic first. From there hopefully I get into war college. Goddess knows how much I need to get into war college." Milo hesitantly came up and gave Martin a hug. 12 o'clock came at an instant. Then it appeared and I couldn't bare to hear him say the words but I still listened to it my heart felt broken into perfect peices as he started. “I, milo bryant , do solemnly pledge to protect and defend the United States of America against all enemies, foreign or domestic. I will faithfully serve and obey the rules and articles for the government of the Army of the United States, all secrets keep, all lawful commands willingly performed as dictated by the Salem Accord.” Then his war medal fell into his reaching arms. I think he could obviously tell by the looks in are faces we we not ready for him to leave. "So is this a goodbye" I cried trying to hold back tears. I could see Martin was doing the same. "We don't say goodbye think of it more as a see you later" milo assured us. "I love you milo." Martin ran up and gave him one last hug. "I love you both so much. Mom would be so proud if she was here and so would maylee." They really would have been so proud of milo too the way he recited the words. He was ready for war and revenge on the people who took are mother away from us. The Camarilla. "You guys know your basics right wind strike wind sheer." We both knodded. "Now I better get going but rember this ill always be with you understand no mater where I am ill always be thinking of you!." Before we knew it milo was off to war. Now its just me and Martin 2 years away from conscription. Alone in this small house having to face another loved one going away. But I have faith milo will return. "Its okay to be sad Martin I'm devastated." I told him. "I'm not sad im angry we need to find the camrilla and kill the ones that took mom away and avenge her." "Milo would never allow us to even use any work outsi-" he cut me off. Of a military operation I know. But Milos not here." He gave me a mischievous look. I exchanged the look."Where do we start."