Background

The melting sun dripped its drops of sunlight over Beijing, it was around 6:00 in the morning when Xiao woke up to the sun filtering into his delicate eyes. He seemed to be the first one awake out of his brothers and mother. He got the courage to lift himself out of his single person bed. He walked loudly on his squeaky floorboards, but tried his best to lurk quickly around the house to prepare some breakfast for himself, and maybe have leftovers for himself to have for tomorrow, though he'd try his best to prepare a nice meal for his family as well. He thought of making 桂林米粉, or rice noodles. A breakfast food in China. Placing a pot in the sink, and filling it with water, he turned the stove's heat on, getting ready to prepare the Rice Noodles. He took a box of the noodles out of a low cabinet, pouring them in when the water started to boil. He watched as it cooked, mixing it around occasionally. It felt forever before they were actually done. He took four small bowls, filling them each with the prepared noodles. He added spices to his liking, as he knew his mother was not a fan of spice on her Rice Noodles, neither were his brothers. He was the only one who liked it. He placed the bowls at their table and waited for them all to wake up, as they usually ate together, as the one up first would be the one to prepare their breakfast by tradition in the house. One by one, they each came into the kitchen and waited. First his younger brother, then the oldest. And lastly, his mother. They all sat in silence for a brief moment before they began to eat. Xiao was the first, again, to finish, he placed his bowl in the sink before he looked at the time, he had about thirty minutes before school would begin. His bag was already packed with all of his supplies for the day. Rinsing his bowl off, Xiao thought about the plans for today's lesson plans. He remembered he had a test which he forgot to study for. He placed the bowl to the side to dry, before heading into the bathroom. He brushed his teeth and quickly rinsed his hair. Combing it to the side and slipping deodorant on, he took his backpack and headed out of the house. He slipped his shoes on which were right outside and left without saying goodbye. This was normal for Xiao, he was normally introverted and showed his love for his family without words, only expressions. Now, he was off to his walk for school. A good 2 mile walk was in the future, hopefully he wasn't late like yesterday.

word count: 470
AUTHORS NOTE: I may or may not invest much time into this story. I am not new to Wattpad, but I never write stories on it. Please be patient with me, I am trying my hardest. I hope you all enjoy the story of Xiao and what he is to overcome! <3