01

Lifeline | Mafia Zayn Malik (AU) ♥

D e s e r v i n g

Hello, thanks for clicking this story that already means the world, also this is a Reader-insert story meaning that the main character will be you just insert your name where you see (y/n).

I wrote this awhile back but recently I decided to rewrite so I hope you enjoy.

In advance sorry for any grammar mistakes.

.....

I wonder why I stay I wonder how long I can take this pain.

I keep telling myself that every things going be fine and that he's just going through tough times. But does he even love me? Does he even care?

I can hear his footsteps outside my door and a tear trickles down my face. I know what he's done. I pull my comforter closer hiding my now tear stricken face. The door creaks open and I suck in my breathe preparing for the worse. The space beside me sinks in and his hands find their way around me. I cringe inside knowing the very hands that are holding me so lovingly have been around another, yet I don't move, I don't speak I just let it be. He pulls me closer and kisses my temple.

"I love you." he whispers softly

Those words, those three strong words mean nothing to me anymore. Yet I still find myself falling deeper.

I turn towards him a fake smile plastered across my face "I love you too."

3 years filled with nothing but lies, but I can't let go because I think of all the good times we've had and I want to hold onto them forever, I want to hold onto him forever. He presses his lips to mine and slowly but surely I kiss back.

"Where have you been all morning?" I ask a small ounce of me wishing he'd tell the truth.

"Had to do some extra work." he responded, lies, lies, and more lies

"Okay," I get up and make my way to our closet and pull out an outfit I glance at my small bag hidden in the corner, when will I leave I don't know but I know that I'll have to. '

"Babe, come back to bed." He groans

"Alex, I can't." I state stepping into the bathroom

"Whatever." he mumbles

It's the times like these when I worry. What am I doing wrong? Does he want more of me, even though I've given him my all? Maybe I'm just not enough. I walk out fully ready and find him smiling while reading a text, I know it's her but I keep quiet.

I grab my purse and walk to the door "Bye, Alex!" I called out, but hear nothing in return, frustrated I grab the doorknob and walk out. What if I walk out of his life and never come back, I don't even think he'd care. I continue walking down the familiar streets of England and as I walk I'm surrounded by happy couples and wish I could be in a good, loving relationship. Suddenly I realize that I could be in a healthy relationship but I'm too afraid to let go. Alex is the only man that's actually stayed everyone that I've gotten close to leaves and I don't know if I can bare the pain of losing another.

I enter a bar, otherwise known as my job. I've been working here since I started college which has been about 8 months. My life has been hectic these past months. First, moving all the way out to Europe when I'm so used to my hometown then to find out my boyfriend's cheating.

I pull my jacket closer as I receive stares from the ongoing customers, one word to describe me is shy, I've never really had the most of friends and never really taken or spoken up for myself I've been doing it for so long it's just natural for me to keep quiet. I went to the locker room placing my purse and other belongings in one of the many lockers then I picked up my apron off the hook. I walked out my notepad in hand. Taking a deep breathe I remind myself that I had a few hours to be in this dump.