CHAPTER 1

The weather's really sunny when I'm       
                                under it.
            Then I haven't really changed,
                     I'm just confident.

The sky was much darker than the usual skies he saw.
Captivating and dark.
The mild darkness which almost had a deep purple hue to it, enveloped the now setting sun as Jungkook's heavy footsteps cascaded down the stairs.
He never really liked the idea of including someone in his team.

His team was his only family.

His team was the only lot he trusted and now having to include someone unfamiliar and totally new seemed like absolute bullshit to him.
Not to mention the person wasn't even the right choice to begin with.
He had always worked alone, seemingly being perfect at that and somewhere amidst that, Yoongi had come into foray.
But Yoongi was an exception.
He was someone Jungkook had known since the start of his career and had amazing skills.
Could also make amazing food.
A win-win situation, Jungkook had always thought.

          But was it even a career to begin with?

He saw how with each second that passed, his steps inched closer and closer to the elite side of Seoul as he kept getting uninvited stares.
A part of him believed it was his mesmerising looks and the less egoistic part of him knew it was because he had never stepped foot into this area.
He hated the rich. The elite.
They sickened him to the core.

Money surrounded them as family blended away in the background being used as collateral by the money hungry leeches.

He knew it was because of his father which had made him this way.

He had always approved of Yoongi's ideas or suggestions but this one made him skeptical.

Very skeptical.

The fact that the man he was about to meet had a major role to play with his next mission and could possibly ruin it, made his blood churn.
Yoongi was surely going stupid with each passing second.

Or maybe Jungkook was too paranoid of everyone to trust his moves.
He stepped inside the Ritz Hotel - Seoul as the marble facade displayed so.
He knew it was huge but this was beyond his imagination.
Lights adorned the arch at the top as people went and came.
All elites.

God, he was going to raid this place in a few months.

His eyes searched for the male he was here for as he whipped his phone out, trying to search for the man whose picture Yoongi had shown him.
His phone dinged with a notification as a petite male seated in the corner, waved his hand with a wide smile on his face.

What the fuck was he smiling for.
Jungkook was literally about to ask him for a hand to raid his own father's hotel.

Little did Jungkook know, he would come to love the petite, chestnut haired man's smile.

The Latina waitress came back with two cups of black coffee as the man in front of Jungkook dropped three cubes of sugar into it.
"That's too sweet" Jungkook said scoffing as the other male looked up at him with his soft almond eyes.
"Aren't we supposed to introduce ourselves to each other? After all we'll be working together" the male said as Jungkook realised how deep his voice was given the fact that he looked the same age as Jungkook.

"Kim Taehyung" he said, extending his hand in front of Jungkook's tattooed one as both the males shook hands.

One thing Jungkook had to admit was that Taehyung was exceptionally beautiful.
His voice was completely opposite to the soft feminine touch he had in his personality.
He was a perfect blend of the two worlds.
He had naturally hazel eyes as Jungkook's gaze wandered to the sparkly diamonds he was wearing along with the ruffled collar resting along his smooth tanned skin.

                    Exquisite taste.

"So……" Taehyung's voice trailed away as he felt the other male's gaze bore into  him.
He wasn't someone from here, that was easy for Taehyung to place.
He had never seen him here.
Never seen such rough beauty, his hazy conscience whispered.

"How am I supposed to trust you when you're literally going to plot against your own father? What if you end up betraying us or worse, bail us out?" Jungkook asked, looking at Taehyung with questioning eyes.
"Trust me. I want his downfall more than anyone else" Taehyung answered as Jungkook looked at him, trying to read through his eyes.
He looked like a man with a lot of secrets.
Maybe one page which could be filled out by both of them.

Taehyung's eyes went to the poolside as he saw his father and his secretary enter along with his obnoxiously rich friends.
"Can we go talk somewhere else?" Taehyung said as he got up abruptly, unintentionally clutching onto Jungkook's hand dragging him out.
They reached the back of the hotel where the middle class side of Seoul started again as Taehyung looked down at his hand clutching onto Jungkook's tattooed forearm before abruptly letting go of it.
___________

They were now seated at a small, bustling diner as Jungkook gestured for the old woman at the counter to get them something to eat.
Taehyung noticed a short smile creeping up the bulkier man's face.
He had bunny teeth peeking out from his thin lips.
Cute.
"Continue" Jungkook said, breaking Taehyung's reverie signalling to the earlier conversation they were having.

"He killed my mother. Right in front of my eyes when I was barely twelve. Told me to keep shut about it because it was for 'my own good'. My mom was going to give birth soon. She had told me the other night how I would finally have a sibling to play with. He knew about it but he had already started cheating on mom with his own fucking secretary. The hotel is entirely his illegal money. He killed my mother and my sibling. All I can do now is carve his downfall with my own hands" Taehyung stopped saying as the old woman came up to them with two plates of fresh burgers and fries as Taehyung scrunched his nose at the smell.

"So, Kim Haneul's own blood wants to give him out to the police? Is that what you want, Taehyung?" Jungkook said, plopping a fry into his mouth, Taehyung's name slipping through his pink lips for the first time.
"I won't give him to the police so easily. I'll make him suffer. Just like my mom did" Taehyung said, still not touching his fries.

"I like the zeal. Yoongi hyung was right" Jungkook said as Taehyung's ears perked up.
"There's more people?" he asked.
"For now it's just you, me and Yoongi hyung. He specialises with the cameras and locks. Can hack into any server. I've known him since my early days. But we will still need some brain" Jungkook answered.

He couldn't help but steal another glance at the man in front of him whose eyes lingered all around the diner.
"You haven't been to this side of Seoul right?" Jungkook said, looking at the sparkles in Taehyung's eyes as he nodded.

"The chaos. It's oddly comforting" he said as he touched his now cold food, taking a small bite of the burger.
He was different.
Different from all the rich Jungkook had ever come across.
It was a rarity to find an elite like him.

A rarity to find a beautiful elite too.

"How long have you been doing this?" Taehyung asked him as the ice cubes in his cola formed drops of dew on the glass's side.
"This?" Jungkook said, trying to play with the confused man.
"This. Heists. Robbing and stuff " Taehyung said nonchalantly as Jungkook chuckled.
"It's been six years now" he said as Taehyung nodded.
They were almost of the same age.

"What about you? Why would you learn how to hack into computers and stuff? Didn't your rich father want you to get into the Seoul University for some stupid title?" Jungkook said as Taehyung realised how brazen and on the face the male's words were.

He would have a hard time adjusting to this attitude.

"I was always intrigued by it. Computers fascinated me. Not to mention, I still do have a Seoul University degree in arts" Taehyung said as rolled his eyes at Jungkook.
"What is the importance of arts anyways?" he scoffed as Taehyung sipped on his cola.

It would turn out to be too important.
___________