Chapter 6

Tanu returned home with a wide grin. As she entered her room her phone rang. Looking at the caller id, she immediately picks the call.

"How's the meeting? Are you okay? Is he still same? What do you talk about?..." The person bombarded the questions as soon as she picked the call.

"Why are you not speaking? Speak. Here, I am dying to listen about your first date and you, you are not speaking", The person on the other side of call continued.

"Date?"

"Yes, date"

Tanu rolled her eyes. She was about to speak, the person again cut her,"You wait! I am coming". The person cut the call making Tanu frown. Is she mad? Oh she is my friend.

After 20 minutes, the door bell rang. Nalini, Tanu's mother opened the door.

"Namaste Auntie", The person said.

"Namaste, Pooravi beta", Nalini said and gives her smile.

"Tanu is in her room", As soon as Nalini told her she ran into her room. She banged the door only to see her friend lost in her own world with a wide smile on her face sitting on her bed.

" Tanu!", she yelled. Tanu got into her senses and looked at her friend. Pooravi crashed her into hug.

"Leave me! You witch! I want to be alive. Abhi to Sourabh se fir se milna hai. Tumhare bacho ko dekhna hai, maasi bnana hai(I want to meet Sourabh again. I have to see your kids). Spoil them. Leave me!" She said in one breathe. Pooravi drop her and grins at her. She settled down beside her.

"Explain", Pooravi said and raised her eyebrows with a grin. Tanu narrates the whole story to her desperate friend.

"And why were you calling it date?", Tanu asked her.

"Because It was. You two met after so many years and you both were alone-alone. A boy and a girl or should I say ex-lovers went to a coffee shop together and had some chitchat. What shall we call it?", She said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Are you mad? DATE? EX-LOVERS? What are you speaking? Have you lost the little piece of mind you have?", Tanu asked her getting irritated.

" Yesss, ex-lovers. You loved him. He loved you. But none of you ever expressed their love. As you always say you have moved on and he too may be have someone in his life now. Look he is more handsome now"

"Shut up! Will you?" Tanu was irritated now. Her friend always irritate her with her these type of talks.

"He don't have someone. And about 'date' and 'ex-lovers' it was just a teenage crush. Now we are friends, just friends!", She continued.

"Are you telling me this or yourself", Pooravi said and raised her eyebrow.

You are saying this to yourself!

Her subconscious barks.

"I am telling you from years. He was nothing, just nothing. Move on. Forget him and find someone who wants to spend his whole life with you, who wants to protect you from the all bad eyes, to whom you are only his world and he is yours. But you being you never listen to me. Don't know what you want? Neither you are accepting that you want him, you love him nor you are leaving his memories" Pooravi said getting angry on her friend. "He is here now. If you don't want to accept that you love him or confessed him, don't know what will I do to you!"