Twenty Seven

Imani

October 21st, 2021

We are all here at Amala's house with balloons, cake, food and lots of drinks. It's pitch black and Dylan keeps rubbing against me. Her friend, Marcus took her on a shopping spree and to get her nails done, while we decorated the house.

Marcus messaged the chat and Di grabbed the cake and lit the candles. The door opened and Marcus had Doja in a blindfold. We all sung happy birthday and she was crying. Amala slapped Marcus's chest before blowing out her candles.

Thirty minutes later we were all toasting to what a great friend, Amala was. It was my turn and Dylan helped me onto the island. "I met Amala, a little after I visited Los Angeles for the first time. I was twenty-two and some change. I auditioned to be in one of her music videos while I was staying here during the summer and behind the scenes she was so cool. She didn't treat me like- you know back up. She treated me like we've known each other forever. So there was an issue with the guy making the music video so for "legal purposes" we couldn't post it or get paid. Amala heard me on the phone cursing out the directors and I conferenced my lawyers. She took me out to eat and that was the start of our friendship."

I seen a teardrop fall from her eye and I wink. Dylan helped me down and I accidentally tripped on his foot. He caught me and I giggled. "Baby are you okay?"

"Yeaaa, honeynug are youu?" I dragged with a laugh. I was still drinking my cup from earlier but I had shots. "M's in my bank account!" Dyl dragged me to a corner and I kissed him. "There's always that one person that will always have your heart. You never see it coming cause your blinded from the start." He smiled at me before kissing me back. We started dancing together and I was drunk.

I was dancing and singing to every song. Dylan tied my hair up and Vic held a dancing contest between Amala and I. I let the birthday girl have it and we laughed. I was having so much fun.

Two hours later, Di and I were still partying. Amala passed out from that edible she ate, Vic left because she had something scheduled in the morning. Dylan was on his phone monitoring me, making sure I didn't make any bad choices.

"Alright, alright. I gotta take care of my bestie. Dylan, get you and your girl home safe." Diamonté said, dismissing us. She hugged me and gave me kisses, while Dylan picked me up, grabbed my purse and left out the door. The motion of him carrying me brought me comfort and I fell asleep as soon as my back touched my seat.

I woke up in my bed with Dylan next to me and I snuggled into him. When I was super drunk, I always cuddled with him because he was a cuddled. When I'm sober, cuddling does not help me sleep, I need my space, but I still need like ankle to foot contact or something.

I drifted off to sleep for what seemed like a long period time before waking up. Dylan was not in bed and I heard the shower on. I groaned before walking towards my downstairs bathroom. Ten minutes later, my doorbell ring and it was my brother with my niece.

"Maddi! Hi my baby." I greeted taking her into my arms. He handed me her bag and I went to sit on my couch. There were so many freaking boxes. I was so annoyed, I will be so happy when we move. Dylan had came downstairs in a navy blue shirt and some grey joggers. I glared at him as he looked at me with a baby.

"Yeah, bro. You've been replaced." My brother tells him as they watch me talk to Maddie.

"I'm looking forward to this." Dylan says sarcastically and I turned on Maddi's favorite show, Boss Baby.

"I already told my sister I am not visiting her when she's pregnant, she's a headache already." Chase said before handing me some money. "I'll be back to pick her up in the morning. Dad and I are going out to eat tonight, he wants to see Dylan again."