Summer Nights

Y/n= your name
L/n = Last name
N/n= Nick name
H/c= hair color
S/c= skin color
E/c= eye color

Status: Edited {1}

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

You were at the Venice County Fair. Your mother said for you to go to meet more kids your age. Your father was ex-military, but you still moved from base to base until he decided to retire in California. 

It was about 9-ish, but the sun hadn't set yet. You were walking around, seeing the many games and rides when you accidentally bumped into someone, which made them spill their drink on themselves. 

"Oh, I am so sorry, I'm such a clutz. I should've been paying attention to where I was walking. Here, Let me." You said, locking eyes with the dirty blonde. 

"No, no. It's fine kid. Y'know, you could make it up to me by I dunno, maybe coming with me for the rest of the fair, like a date?" He asked.

"A date? I don't even know your name." You responded quietly with a smile.

"It's Kenickie, dollface. What about you? Or do I give you a name?" He smirked at you.

"Well, I usually go by Y/n, but I'd love to know what name you'd give me." Your e/c eyes locked eyes with his deep blue ones.

"Well, not 'babe'. Something that fits you, like... Doll. Yeah, that's what I'll call you, Doll. You sure got the face to match." He chuckled and wrapped his arm around your shoulder. 

You looked up to him as you walked towards wherever he was taking you. He won you a handful of prizes, you threw pies at people, he even took you out to eat. There were maybe 30 minutes left until the fair was over. 

-.-

It's been almost a month since you met and you were currently on the Ferris Wheel, sitting next to him. Hand in hand. Your head was on his shoulder. 

"So, dollface. What school are you going to?" You felt his head on yours.

"Hmm? Oh, my parents said this Monday, I'll be going to Rydell High. I'm a little scared. I don't know anyone." You said, playing with his fingers.

"Oh, that's not true. You know me. I'll be there for you, especially since you're my girl now. Got that?" He kissed your forehead.

"We met three weeks ago, Nickie. I'm not sure that's how love works. I know my father would be furious If I dated someone he hadn't approved before. Besides. I'm really nothing special." You watched his face change

"Y/n, you are special. Even if you don't see it. When I met you, something clicked. Like I was supposed to- it's hard to explain. Let me kiss you. If you don't feel anything, then- I- I'll let you go, okay?" He locked eyes with you.

You felt your heartbeat go fast and hard- as if it was about to come right out of your chest. You leaned closer to Kenickie as the Ferris wheel came to a stop. You both were at the top now.

When your lips connected, you thought you'd have a heart attack then and there. Kenickie held the back of your head with his other hand on your waist, your hands ran through his thick, wavy locks. 

"You can't tell me you didn't feel a connection. I did. I really did songbird." His forehead leaned against yours.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't, but what about my father?" You held his hand.