Friendzone

"C'mon Vien, we won't get caught." Vince said

"Stop it Vince, we're on our uniform right now. So how can you say that we won't get  caught?" I said putting an emphasis on the word won't

"Of course we'll buy some clothes at the mall." He uttered while grabbing my wrist going to the main gate.

Vince hugged his tummy and he was like he was going to vomit, "Excuse me. Arghhh! Can we go? I'm really not feeling well and I really need to go home."

I really want to burst out laughing because of Vince's excuse. His face really looks awful.

Why do I have a best friend like this?

The gaurd nodded and opened the gate. I called a taxi, when we hopped in I released the laugh I was holding a while ago.

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

I saw Vince's reaction. He look at me weirdly like what- the-hell-are-you-laughing-about-look.

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

"What the Vien? What are you laughing all about?" Vince asked sounding so pissed

"Hahahaha I hahaha can't hahaha believe hahaha-"

"Stop laughing, I can't understand you." He said while shaking my shoulders.

I calm myself to stop laughing. It takes me five minutes to get over.

"Now, are you done?" He asked

"I'm done. Hahahahaha."

"C'mon Veinna." he said looking and sounding so pissed, "So what is it now? What are you laughing all about?"

I grabbed my phone from my pocket, I went to my photos and I show him his photo.

"What the Vien?! You should delete that one or else..." he said grasping at my phone.

“Uh-oh, no way.”

He keeps on grasping my phone. We were fighting until the taxi driver speak, “Excuse me, but where are you too going?”

Vince and I stopped and stared at eah other’s eyes. “Opss, sorry.” We both uttered

“At MOA please. Thank you.” Vince said

He glared at me and I smiled and winked back at him.

After fifteen minutes, we arrived at MOA. Vince payed the taxi fare. We got out of the taxi. We were about to enter the mall when Vince speak

“C’mon Vien, delete it please?” he said jutting out his bottom lip

“Nope, it’s a remembrance Vince. Hahaha, don’t worry I will not upload it on the internet.” I said a I raise my right hand, promising.

“You’ll be dead if you’ll upload it Vien.” He said

“Whatever Vince.” I said rolling my eyes heavenwards

We strolled around the mall. We bought first some clothes to change our uniform. It was Vince’s treat, of coure he should be the one to pay for it. We went to Timezone, Toy Kingdom, Bench, Forever 21 and etc. I glimpsed at my wristwatch to check what time is it now.

“Vince, it’s already 3:00 o’clock, are you not yet hungry? I’m already starving.”

“You’re really such a pig. Let’s go.” He grabbed my wrist and made our way to Greenwich.

“Oh yeees, pizza and lasagna.” I said batting my eyelashes furiously.

“Yeah, you’re treat.” Vince winked at me and put his arms around my shoulder

“No waaay!” I retorted

“Why? You’re the one who asked me if I’m hungry, so you’ll be the one to pay.”

“Okay, I’ll pay but I’ll also upload this one.” I said and I wrapped my arms around his shoulder then gave him a winked.

“Okay okay okay. I’ll be the one to pay. Grrr.” He let out a snort and walk towards the counter.

Vince came back holding a number. He sat in front of me.

“What did you ordered?” I asked playing with my phone

“Pizza, Lasagna and Carbonara.”

“Yeeey! My favorites.”

“Such a pig.”

“Whatever.” I said grumbling to myself.

After we finished eating, we strolled again at the mall. Vince bought a new pair of kicks and I bought also a new pair of shoes. It was around 7:00 o’clock when Vince and I had dinner at Chicken Charlie. It was my treat.

When we’re done eating, Vince called his driver to fetch us. We waited for about 10 minutes. Vince bought her mom a cake at Red Ribbon then we made our way to the parking lot.

I fell asleep when we’re on our way home. Vince waked me up when we we’re on my front gate.

“Sorry I fell asleep.” I said while getting my things

“No, it’s okay. Thank you for your time buddy.” He said as he opened the gate for me.

“No problem. Good night, see you tomorrow.” I said and I was about to close the gate when Vince stopped it, “Don’t you ever dare to upload it or else..”

I let out a laugh, “Okay okay okay.”

“Good. Good night.” He said and closed the gate.

I let out a sigh as I went inside the house. I greeted my Mom and made my way upstairs to my room. I took a bath. After I finished taking a bath, I dried my hair then read a book. I was too consumed in my thoughts until I heard my phone beeps.

I checked to see who texted me. I saw Vince’s name on my screen.

From: Vince

Good night Vien, sleep tight :)

I ignored his text and continue to read.

My name’s Vienna Liz Sanchez, and I have a best friend named Vince Aldens. I’ve met Vince when I was on 4th grade. Since then, Vince and I became very best friends. We’ve been by each other’s side. We hang-out together, go to the mall together, skip classes together, go out of the country together with our family and etc.

We know each other’s secrets, we shared problems, we fight, we argue in little things.

Vince is the first and only guy best friend of mine. I have best friends when I was on Elementary but they’re all girls and Vince is the only one left.

I’ve never expected that Vince and I would be this close. I never imagined in my entire life that I would have him as my best friend. I never imagined that he’ll be there always by my side.

And I also never imagined that I will fall for him.