Sunflowers

"𝐈𝐟 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐧,
𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭; 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠,
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐞."

-William Shakespeare

The grand wooden door swung open, revealing the 4 Triwizard champions. The room was momentarily silent, in complete awe of the dazzling champions.

"Fleur Delacour", McGonagall announced. The room erupted into enthusiastic applause, cheers, and wolf whistles. Calling Fleur beautiful was an understatement. She was radiant, like a goddess walking amongst a crowd of worshipers. Everyone was entranced. Eyes were glued to her and had never left for a second. Roger Davis looked rather dashing as well, his hair slicked back nicely, chest puffed up with confidence.

"Victor Krum" The room burst into roars, chanting his name. If Fleur had been a goddess, he was the homecoming soldier, and the crowd was the citizens celebrating their victory. His name reverberated in the air, shaking everything within. She had expected the crowd but not Hermione. She was different from her usual bookish self, her hair straightened, and her tooth looked different. It was nice seeing Hermione feeling her best, oozing with confidence that usually was not present.

"Harry Potter", unlike the praise from before, pin-drop silence blanketed the whole hall. Poor Harry only smiled awkwardly at the crowds but earned nothing but glares. His smile instantly faded, and he dipped his head low. Parvati did not seem so happy about the response either.

Then lastly, "Cedric Diggory" Oh Cedric Diggory with eyes that held undulating storms within. He looked brilliant tonight. His bright smile still etched onto his face as per usual. She was beyond happy for him. After all, he finally got the recognition he deserved and the girl he wanted just by his arm. Cho beamed at the crowd and waved politely; it is no wonder Cedric had been pouring his feelings for Cho onto y/n in the caliginosity of nights. Cho was a collection of virtues; intelligent, kind and beautiful. Like a saint, her presence is a blessing, gracing the people with her seraphic glow. It was her divine ability to charm people and have everyone fall in love with her. So, it didn't come as much of a surprise that Cedric had succumbed to her ambrosial temptations.

Amongst the amalgamation of human bodies, her eyes met his. A glint of excitement sparked in his eyes, and he waved at her enthusiastically, holding the widest grin he could manage. Her stomach flipped at the sight of his winning grin, his stupid crooked grin. She mustered up her best smile and returned his grand gesture with a meek thumbs up before quickly shrinking back into the crowd.

"Now, now", Dumbledore's voice boomed, resonating in the sea of applause .

"Since the champions have arrived, they will have the first dance" He nodded at Flitwick as a signal.

The champions have gotten into their respective places, Flitwick enchanted a whole orchestra with a flick of his wand. When the first note was played, the champions took their first stride. The music was grand and regal; its elegance lingered in the air after each note. Each pull of the violin string and the bright sound of the trumpet masked the room with wonder and elation, casting magic at the feet of the champions as they synchronised to the musical ballad. It was truly enchanting to watch them dance. Each of their steps matched their partners.

She had always thought of the dance as sort of a never-ending puzzle, one step backwards, one step forward and repeat. There was always one dancer that follows to match the pieces together. For a moment, the puzzle would be whole, but it would be taken apart when the other takes a step back. It was an eternal chase. Then, when the game starts to get tedious, they shall play another game. The twirls are just like a yoyo. At first, it would seem like they would never be able to reach them again, but they would be reeled back in, holding onto their dearest and not wanting to let go. Before they realise it, they would be drawn back into the same routine, always yearning for the game to end and wishing to finally stay.