All I Ever Wanted

Ariana's POV

"You're up next." A man held my arm and dragged me next to the curtains. I walked up to the giant red "X" in the middle of the stage. I squinted my eyes, as the spotlights flickered at me. I looked at the judges at the panel, all with smiles on their faces, except for Simon, of course.

"Hi." I say with a crackle in my voice.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" Katy Perry had asked me.

"My name is Ariana Fitz. I'm from London." I smiled at them.

"And what are you going to be singing?" Simon had asked, rudely.

"How To Save A Life by the Fray."

"Great song."

My hands grabbed over to the microphone as I pulled it to my mouth.

"Step one you say we need to talk, he walks, you say sit down its just a talk..."

I put my hands down at my sides and let the stand carry the microphone, as I twiddle my fingers and the end of my dress.

I sang my heart out. I poured my heart into it. I have always sang, my whole life. My family and friends all say I have a lovely tone, kind of like Jason Mrazs' voice. I was calm when I sang and I never thought about anything else in the world when I sang. I just put my heart and soul into songs I sing.

"Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night. Had I known how to save a life."

I looked back at the judges, showing them I was done. They were looking at me in awe. Everyone in the whole auditorium stood up, including the judges. A smile crept on my face, as tears were trickling down my cheeks as a scrouched down, thighs and calves touching as I covered my mouth.

"Wow." Simon said

I stood back up as I wiped my tears. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"That was brilliant." Louis said

"Very unique"

"Thank you."

"I've never heard anything like it, but I like it. I would sign you." Louis said.

"Yea, I agree completely. I could see you going far in this competition." Katy exclaimed. "I would like to sing a song with you. A little collab maybe. I like you a lot."

"Oh my God. Thank you. You are such an inspiration, Katy. Much love." I blew a kiss to her.

"You are really good. You are very cute , too. The boys will love you." Nicole told me. She smiled and winked at me. I giggled. "Thank you, Nicole."

It was Simon now. My tummy turned. I was afraid that he wouldn't like me.

"You know, Ariana. You are very different."

I gulped.

"I really really like you, though. You make me smile. Like Katy said, I can see you going far. You are a star." He said and he smiled and winked.

You barely saw those teeth and smile.

"Thank you so much, Simon. I love you so much."

"I think we should vote." Katy said

"Yes for me. You're very cute, and talented. YES YES YES."

"OH MY GOD THANKS!" I was trying to hold back the tears.

"Yes for me. No doubt about it." Louis said.

I smiled, "thank you."

"Sweetie, you know I love you. Yes."

"Nicole, thank you." A big grin was on my face as she smiled back.

"Ok, Ariana..." Simon started...

"I see you going far, I would like to work with you." He smiled. "yes."

I jumped up and my my hands on my face. I ran up to the panel and shook their hands. "Thank you so much."

I ran back up and waved. "You won't regret this!"

I jogged off stage, dragging my feet, because of my heels, and went up to my mom and dad. I hugged them and kissed them.

"I am so proud of you honey." My mom whispered. I smiled.

"You sounded great." A boy said to me. He had a grey cardigan on with a white tee shirt on under it. He had a Forrest green scarf wrapped around his neck.

"Thank you. My name is Ariana." I reached out my hand for him to shake it.

He took it and said "I'm Harry. Harry Styles." He grinned and released his hand.

"I'm up next."

"Good luck."