Chapter 1:Double life

Pain, eye-cutting light, the smell of burnt flesh, people that are always writing something down, and me, fixed to a chair screaming in pain.

It all started one summer night in the state of Los Angeles, the city of Bel-Air.
The girl was sitting on the terrace of her house, surrounded by decorative trees and lanterns. A pleasant-smelling lawn was spread all over the country yard. She was silently reading a book enjoying every moment. While the moon made her long ash black hair sparkle. And her eyes, blue as the evening sky, were filled with the amazement from reading a mystifying murderer solution in the book.

After a few hours, Selena, the girl who likes to read books so much, finished reading it, thinking that would continue tomorrow, entered her house.
Entering the house, Selena observed the frightened but at the same time joyful parents.

—Uh, what's going on here?

—Selena you got a letter from Salem State University. You successfully entered it. And the university is ready to accept you.

Said Veronica, the girl's mother.

—By the look of your face I can say that something isn't right here.

—Well, actually yes...

Mother for some reason didn't want to speak, she looked worried.

—So what's the problem mom?

Selena stood calmly, but inside she was worried about what happened that bothers her mom so much that she doesn't know what to say.

<Veronica takes a deep breath and start talking>

—The thing is, that, not only humans studies at this university...

—Oh mom I know about it actually

—And what is that supposed to mean? Ryan, Selena's father asked

—You didn't think that I was called to the university full of different creatures without applying. Did you?

—Selena Williams what have you done?! Shouted Veronica

*Ooops, looks like mom is a little angry...*

—Calm down mom, I'll explain everything to you now.

—Enlight us then.

*Phew, I dodged a bullet*

—Recently, many questions have been raised about why people's applications aren't accepted, why it's so difficult to get into this university. So the suspicions of people made directors of the Salem State University change the decision for the near future, thereby driving away suspicions from themselves.

—And you decided to take this opportunity? Asked Veronica

—Exactly!

—But you know that this is dangerous for you because there's an infinite power that is invested in you. And even we, don't understand how it's possible. If someone finds out about this, it can end badly.

*Uuughhh, seriously?*

—There will also be humans so it's not that scary...

—You know, Veronica, our daughter is right. Enough people will be listed there, and Selena is strong enough to change her scent and to keep her forces under control.
Said the father with a proud smile on his face.

—Ok, well, let's say you went to this university. Didn't you forget that you are immortal and you have to change your place of study every four years? Asked her mom

—No, of course, I remember that

—Then what is the point of going there?  When you can go to the usual one at the risk of nothing?

—Because I will be listed there not as a human but as a magician. Especially when our lineage is known among many creatures. I will simply use only one part of my abilities, thereby pretending to be a hereditary magician, which is partly true.

*Why I'm so smart? Oh right because that's me*

—Ok, now it makes sense. Said Veronica with a thoughtful look on her face
–Well, and what kind of magician did you decide to be? Asked the daughter's dad

—A Shadow Master

*I mean why not? Just need to read some more info about them and here I am a ShAdOw MaStEr herself hahaha*

*Anyway I'm good at it, just need to know what I can't use*

—Good choice honey.
*Good choice who? HONEY?*
—Oh darling she is anything but honey. Dad started to laugh hardly
*Here we goooo...*
I couldn't help myself but giggle too.

—Ugh like father like daughter.
Mom said rolling her eyes

—You know your grandfather is also a Shadow Master. She said it with a noticeable spark in her eyes.

*And now she is delighted! Those mood swings of her...*

—Aha yes, cool. *I didn't even saw him at least once in my life. The fuck was that?*— Anyways, I'm going to my room, need some space.

—Ok then. But nothing is wrong, right?

—Nah why?

—Dunno

—Ok I'm going now

—Good night darling

—Good night mom

I started to climb upstairs right to my room. It was big and of course not without my stuff. I have a large and comfortable bed with a black bedspread. The walls were covered with pictures of my favorite rock band and posters with the style of Rock. And next to my table, which stood by the window, there were 2 guitars. Electric guitar and classical.
Yes yes, I play guitar. So what if I'm immortal? I'm only 19 after all...
So I'm not betraying this kind of interest.

Approaching the bed, I plopped into it.
*Soon I will move to Salem...a new city, a new place of study, new knowledge, new adventures on my ass, new life.*

*Just don't fuck up*
*Pffff...I also need to go to our library tomorrow to know more about this magician shit*

While Selena was immersed in deep thoughts, in her head for some reason someone's voice begun to call her

—Selena! Selena!

—The fuck?

—It's me Selena

—Aidan?

—No shit Sherlock

—The fuck you want from me?
Aidan is Selena's younger brother.

—Selena, please help me! I am in serious trouble. There are several vampires surrounded me and seem to be going to kill me! God, I can't handle them!

—Tell me where are you? Quickly!

—I'll show you know with an illusion

A moment and Selena found herself in a dark alley, she immediately recognized it. It was the street where you can meet a vampire and not even one.

*And how did he get there?*

—I'm waiting for you to help me because otherwise, I'll die here
Said Aidan and the illusion disappeared

*Now pull yourself together and help your brother before it's too late!*

Selena, first of all, sent her created shadows to distract the vampires. The shadows passed through the streets looking for that lane and after finding it, they started to divert their attention and mock them. Just as Selena teleported herself there.

—Well hello bloodsuckers
Said Selena with a grin on her face

—Well, well, well who do we see here?
One of the vampires jumped up to me

Selena evaporated in front of the vampire and, being behind, splashing out the sphere, slammed him into the wall.

—Spectacularly!
Said another vampire

—Let's get the party started