𝟒𝟏: 𝐘𝐞𝐫𝐢'𝐬 𝐖𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡

Behind that icy stare was a mountain of memories, yet extracting it would bring pain and instability. Her eyes were glued onto the wall. However her thoughts were taken back to the night she killed the Marianno's, unknowingly starting war.

She was stupid for letting the boy out from her grasp. She thought that he might get lost and die at some point. She didn't know he would come back for vengeance. 

Now her brother's family has to face the consequences of her actions.

"Yeri, are you going to come ?" Chayoung called out

Hanseok caressed her shoulders, whispering to her 

"Yeri, you've been staring at this wall for 30 minutes, you should see him off"

"No, You go, I'll stay here" She replied Chayoung with a smile, folding her arms

She wanted to go to Italy and handled the boy, even with her gruesome way, she needs to kill the boy. 

But she can't. 

Even when she knew returning to Rome would be more dangerous as the enemy is bigger, going to Italy would seem like running away from Babel even when Choi Myunghee is at Jail, besides She didn't want to leave Hanseok, nor endanger her baby more.

She knew how many people wanted her head back there.

Vincenzo wouldn't spare a glance at her. He turned his back, walking away from her,

"Could you....tell him to be careful ?"

"The Lucianno's are dangerous, God knows what that kid has become"

Chayoung patted her shoulder with a smile 

"I will..."

----

Vincenzo exited the car while Luca helped him with his luggage

"You should go" he said to Chayoung 

"I'll see you off"

"It's okay..."

"I'll be back," he promised

"prepare the lawsuit while I'm away"

"okay"

"and you don't need to buy me a perfume or a scarf on your way back"

"instead, buy something for Yeri."

"I'm sure she missed Italy"

His smile slowly disappeared

"You can't cry over a spilt milk, Mr Cassano"

"She did what she thought was best to protect your family."

"She had a life before she knew you were her brother, she was an assassin, you told me she had no heart"

"The Cassano family never did anything for her, she could've followed the orders given to her and kill your father but she chose to endanger her life by saving your family"

"I get it that two of your family members were killed but If she didn't kill them, the damage might be a lot worse"

"So when you get back, be nice to her"

Chayoung was right, If Yeri didn't kill them, even he, himself would't be standing in front of the woman he's in love with. Yeri saved his life countless times without him knowing it. 

Yes, he was frustrated, but he couldn't be mad at her forever. 

"go inside and have a cup of coffee" she urged