1 out of 1

I stand up at the front of the classroom I feel my palms sweating and shaking, I feel my throat begin to dry, I feel my hand grip tighten. I walk towards the teachers desk and ask if she could tell the class my new identity. She responds with silence, I felt my pride start fade as I continued to go into detail about my identity.

"For what reason? Your clearly a girl I can see your chest through your sweater." She responds in a uninterested tone.

I feel my confidence shatter as she continued to stare down at her computer completely unfazed. I gulp then cover my chest in embarrassment and immediately ask if I can go to the bathroom. I slam the stall door and breakdown in tears, soon to hear shoes tap against the marble flooring. The tapping grows louder, I sit I silence waiting for the strangers next move.

"Are you alright?, if not let's talk about it" my friend says in a soft comforting tone.

I sit in silence slightly hinting that I'm not alright. She manages to comfort me. I manage to pull myself together and wipe my tears with my sweater sleeves and fling open the bathroom stall. I then walk out as if nothing had happened.

The day goes on as a normal Monday (math)

It's the end of the day and I'm glaring at the golden sunset wondering if my classmates will accept me. I walk home as the sun sets on the mountains. I rush in the door and ignore my mother.

"You could atleast show some respect." She says in a frustrated tone.

I don't respond at all as I'm frustrated with myself and my teacher. I feel if I speak about my identity that I will be shut down or laughed at. I walk towards my mothers lower Cubans and discover duct ape hidden underneath glue sticks and other art supplies. I walk over the bathroom tiles trying to be as silent as I can. I glare into the mirror and tape my chest. Feeling relieved.

I struggle to breath. My chests stops pushing in and out. I couldn't take another breath if I wanted to. Yet I look in the mirror with satisfaction. And gratefulness.

An hour passes and my mother notices her Cuban has ben tampered with. She yells across the room, it's as if she were roaring in frustration. I freak and pull off the tape as quick as I an before she storms down the hall and enters my room. I feel my skin on fire as I aggressively pull the tape, I feel my chest ready to burst, I feel my last breath. I lie in a puddle of tears and regret wishing for a better Ending.