run away [chapter 1]

A little black headed boy..., in the garden... His hair strands blowing calmly as the warmth of springs wind filled his senses. oh how he longed to be here forever.

You could here the soft crunching sound of footsteps getting closer, a woman with black silky long hair, and soft crimson red eyes... they closed as she smiled her cheeks taking all the room. Her smile was warm like the spring and welcoming. Her thick coated beige-tan dress..swaying wherever the wind blew it. The dress was patterned with dots at the bottom, but her long white silk sewed gloves only reached half her lower arm.

"eijirou?" the woman spoke her voice sounded soft hearted the way he liked it. "Are you picking flowers in the garden again?" her face being shaded by the straw made sunhat she was wearing.

"sorry.. mama" the boy said quieter then ever, rising quickly from his knees. his red pants that were glittered with gold...now dirtied by the dark brown substance below his feet.

"I know mama...but i dont want to study, i want to play and do things other kids do-" he said shoulder slouched looking down at his mothers dress and his hands behind his back fiddling with his fingers. his foot slid against the dirt almost trying to distract himself from eye contact.

"oh eiji" she giggled lightly keeping composure her hand cover her plumped pink lips. "i want you to live a life like that too..but the future depends on you." her breath hitched, and the boy, looked up to see his mother's eyes pricked with tears but they never fell... he wondered why.

She began to sigh and held her hand out for him to grab. he took the hand his mother held out, only to be pulled up into her arms. her dress getting dirty as she carried him toward the inside of the castle. he strapped his arms around her neck and buried his face into her shoulder closing his eyes, enjoying her scent he loved so much.

"Your ma-majesty!" a loud voice echoed the halls. 'shes a maid from the 7th floor..' the boy thought. he could tell by how pleasant her maid uniform looked.

the maid bowed in apology, "please no need to apologize" the mother smiled. "oh thank you, but the king would like to speak with you about the 'up-coming meet'"

the boy clung to his mother and gave her a pleasing look. "ejirou, you know i have to its important." The boy's mother gently put him down and walked up the hall of stairs. he sighed as she left and looked at the young maid who signaled politely for him to follow, as he did. he walked down the never ending floors of stairs and rooms holding onto the rail with his left hand, feeling the texture of the rough stone. he walked down the red carpet that covered the stairs and most of the halls.

"what would you prefer for dinner today sire?" the women asked leading him beyond two huge golden doors with dragons carved into them. Beyond the doors were many platforms of metal tables and ovens with uteninsels and other materials used to cook or bake hanging from the tops of the metal like shelves. being in the kitchen and eating always cheered his hopes even a little. "meat!" he said with a small smile his shark like teeth piercing through a bit. "we guessed your highness" an older man with a thin long mustache spoke infront of him his accent sounded Italian, he bowed as he took off his chef hat.

"come,come we mus'nt let it get cold." he clapped his hands pushing the boy lightly on the back through the kitchen to another set of golden doors. opening it to reveal a huge room with a many tables and huge wooden table in the center with angels carved into the legs of it. going towards the center of the room.

The chef hurried to pull up a beautiful chair for him as he sat in it . A fine golden platter with a top was placed in front of him shortly after. "your dinner sir." the chef stated as the boy giggled "Bavotart, you dont have to do the name thing!" the chef chuckled lowly and lifted the top of the platter to reveal a well cooked steak fresh from the kitchen, the smoked rose from it along with the smell filling his nostrils. It made his mouth water looking at the steak and viewing its details, you could still see the scratched patterns on it... 'such a beautiful sight to see' the boy thought. the chef left the room one hand at his belly holding a such like handkerchief and the other arm behind his back.