Dance with my father... AGAIN

“DEATH IS NOT A GREAT LOSS, BUT A GREAT THINK YOU AQUIRED”

                It was the 3rd day of the month of March year 2012, at exactly 6:05 in the evening when I received a message coming from my elder brother telling me that the head of our family joins the Almighty. After reading the message my tears fell down from my eyes. They fell as if there’s no tomorrow. It’s hard to accept that the one that offered his life for you will no longer be there to see you achieve your goals, to see you rose, he’s no longer there to see me standing on the stage receiving my College Diploma. He will no longer see the fruit of his hardships. It’s hard but it’s the truth. As my tears flow, showing that I mourn for his loss, the driver of the jeepney I am riding with, played the song that marked to my memory, “DANCE WITH MY FATHER”. It is also the song that my classmates sang to me before they knew that my father was gone. Actually it was sung to me 4 times, by different person in different situation including the one above.

                The next morning, I was scolded by one of our neighbors, one of my father’s best friends. He asks me, “Why I was not at the hospital when my father really needs me?” I told him I was trapped in the middle of the traffic. But then he says it’s not an excuse. God knows how I badly want to be with him that time. Aside from the fact that I really miss him, we never talked to each other since January 2, 2012. I knew that he’s waiting for me to come home that time, which I was not able to give a try. As my tears fall down from my eyes again, the raindrops also fall. It seems that the sky also mourns with us. It was still dark then, but I started my day crying and ended it also crying. Crying and crying ‘til the day that we send him to his last graveyard.

 “DEATH IS NOT THE END BUT IT IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF NEW THINGS”

_________________________________________________________

THANKS FOR READING ...

spreadthelove<3