What Can I Use to Clean a Hot Tub?

Having a  has many advantages, but maintaining it can be hard work

Having a has many advantages, but maintaining it can be hard work. The great news, however, is that you don't need to use fancy products to keep it spotless—you can use staple household products that are stored in your pantry. Let's have a look at a few.

#1 – White Wine Vinegar

You can use white wine vinegar for pretty much anything. It's not just delicious in your salads, but also as a cleaning product it works wonders. It's best to dilute it with equal amounts of water and pour the mixture into a spray bottle; it makes it easier to apply it to the tub. White wine vinegar is also great for dissolving any white deposits that might be on your drain. Treat it as you would any general surface cleaner.

You can purchase big bottles of vinegar at any supermarket, and many hardware stores also sell it already diluted. And don't worry; it won't leave your tub smelling like vinegar. Once rinsed off, the smell disappears after a few minutes.

#2 – Bicarbonate of Soda

When you mix bicarbonate of soda with water it forms an alkaline solution that is perfect for cutting through grime and dirt. It is best used with a damp sponge. For tough stains, dissolve one tablespoon of bicarbonate with water, smear it on the stain, and leave it for approximately 20 minutes. Wash off the mixture with water.

#3 – Tea Tree Oil

This essential oil is great for tackling any mildew or mold that might have grown in your hot tub. The best way to use tea tree oil is by diluting two teaspoons with two cups of water and pouring the mix into a spray bottle. Spray the cleaning mixture directly onto the target area and leave soaking for approximately 20 minutes. Rinse with warm soapy water when the 20 minutes are up. Make sure that the soap you use does not contain harsh chemicals as it will harm the tub.

Tea tree oil is not only great for cleaning but its smell is great for clearing congestion. You can find tea tree oil at many grocery stores and specialty stores, or you can contact any company that exclusively sells essential oils.

Keeping your hot tub clean is vital to make sure that it functions properly and you can enjoy it year-round. For any assistance or advice on how to maintain your hot tub in great shape, do not hesitate to contact today!