Chapter 1

One more year. One more year of endless waiting. I'm really getting sick of this. We had to come up with something.

"Hey baby what's up?"
"I can't wait any longer for you, I mean today when I turned seventeen I realized that it would be so long until we would be together."
"It's fine we'll make it."
No we won't I need to get out of here, I need to be with you! I have to go I'm coming over!
I slammed the door as I stomped over to where Ben was sitting. I jumped on him and we kissed, long and hard.
"WOAH... Kayla.. Get.. (Breath) OFF!"
"I'm sorry Ben I just missed you! But I have a great idea on how we can be together NOW right now we can go and be married in our hearts. We could run away together."
I could see in his eyes that he wanted that, that he wanted me. I was scared for a moment when his eyes turned to stone staring at me in disbelief.
"Are you crazy! I can't just give up my life here. My parents, Sammie, my new job!"
"We can bring Sammie and when I turn 18 we can come back! I just want to be with you!"
When he saw how teary eyed I was getting his eyes softened and he calmed down.
"Kayla your 17 this is a huge commitment your making. I am just saying we have lives here and if we leave even for a year everything will be gone. You'll be 18 and we'll have to find a place. I won't have any money and we'll be on the streets."
"I know but we can make it work my parents will hel-"
"Yes but if we run way your parents will be pretty mad when we do come back they probably will do the opposite of helping us."