-Anxiety-

"Little one, are you almost ready?" Nick asked, grabbing his keys from the key holder next to the door.

"Yeah almost, just lemme get my shoes on!" Karl screamed from the other room. Nick sighed and leaned on the door frame grabbing his phone from his pocket and opening Twitter. After about 2 minutes of scrolling and likening fanart, Karl emerged from the kitchen wearing a light purple sweatshirt with a white button-up under neath, and black jeans. Nick stood up straight and when Karl was close enough, Nick grabbed Karl's waist kissing his forehead. Karl giggled and pulled Nick into a gentle kiss. They pulled away and Nick's smile vanished.

"Angle, I know you don't like going out into public. We don't have to go if you don't want to." Nick said grabbing Karl's chin.

"Baby, I'm sure. We both have been looking forward to this get together for as long as I can remember." Karl said pushing his forehead to make contact with Nick's, also inter-locking their hands. Nick giggled and they walked hand and hand out the door locking it behind them, and into the car. Karl sat down in the drivers seat, whilst Nick was in the passenger seat next to him with his hand on Karl's thigh.

After 10 minutes of driving, the car came to a stop at a house. Throughout those whole 10 minutes, Nick never took his hand off of Karl's thigh. Nick and Karl stepped out of the car and started walking to the house, they could hear loud music coming from inside the house. Nick grabbed Karl's hand as they walked inside, they were instantly blinding by flashing lights illuminating from the living room which was know turned into a dance floor. Nick looked around the room looking for their friends, when Nick finally spotted them he turned to Karl.

"Calm down Karl, you know all of these people." Nick heard Karl say in a low whisper, which he was surprised that he was able to hear. Nick grabbed Karl's hand to grab his attention, when Karl looked at him, he pointed to behind him. Karl got the memo and followed Nick to where he saw his friends sitting. Nick and Karl sat down next to their friends, Alex, Clay, George, Darryl, Zak, and Floris. Karl sat criss-cross applesauce on the couch next to his lover. The seven men soon started to have a conversation about memories that they had with one another. Specifically the time that Floris and Clay were going to get married in Minecraft.

"Oh and then George-" Karl began.

"Then George ruined our wedding!" Floris said in a mad tone, which was clearly faked. Nick knew that Karl overthought a lot of things so he turned to look at him, Karl looked back at him and smiled gently, telling him he was fine with his eyes. Nick nodded and they continued the conversation. After a while Karl thought that he was being ignored since when he would say something no one would laugh, or agree or disagree. The truth was that Karl was always talking in a low whisper so no one heard what he said. That's when Karl started to overthink.

'Why are they ignoring me, do they not like me anymore? Am I annoying them, should I just leave; no, don't leave. Nick will follow you and you will ruin his night. Just pretend that everything is okay and just wait till he wants to leave.'

Karl was so spaced out that he didn't even hear all six people he was sat next to start to call his name. Nick put his hands on Karl's cheeks, bringing him back to reality. Karl smiled awkwardly and apologized. Nick kissed Karl softly to give him reassurance, he smiled and focused back to the conversation.

After about fifteen minutes, the eight people that were there before had just became seventeen. Karl was getting anxious by the number of people that were sat around him. Nick was still by his side. Karl was no longer sitting crisscross applesauce since if he did they wouldn't be able to fit. Karl started nervously bouncing his leg up and down while biting his fingernails. Nick noticed and placed his hand on Karl's inner thigh, trying to get him to calm down a bit. Karl gave Nick a weak smile and stopped bouncing his leg and biting his fingernails. Thankfully no one saw that since they were more focused on the debate they were having. Karl hated people staring at him so he was lucky no one noticed. Nick turned to Karl and gave him a long but gentle kiss. Karl melted into the kiss, placing his hand on Nick's cheek. Karl pulled away from the kiss with quiet huffs. Karl heard the room fall silent so he turned to face the once noisy people, which were now staring at Karl and Nick. Karl felt his breath hitch, this was the thing he hated the most. Being started at. Karl said sorry before starting to fiddle with his fingers. Nick stood up,

"Hey guys, Karl and I are pretty tired. So I think we're going to head home." He said grabbing Karl's hand and pulling him to his feet. Karl was thankful and relieved. Karl just simply nodded and followed Nick out the house and to their car.

"Hey Nick, do you think you could drive back home?" Karl said stoping at the end of the driveway where the car was.

"Of course little one, get in." Nick said walked to the other side of the car where the driver seat was. When they both got in, Nick once again put his hand on Karl's inner thigh before starting the car and driving home.