You Only Die Twice

"This will be your new assignment, John", said the Chief unrolling a huge map that looked like a building plan. "Our sources say that the enemy is in the Century Building, 3 blocks from Macy's, Westhill St., New Avenue. Their head quarters could be anywhere from the 15th to the 25th floor. Its highly unlikely they camp further high as escape wont be easy". "I'll do my best Sir!", said John, looking at his squad and reassuring them. 

This would be his 25th mission if he was succesful. After getting all the gears and weapons ready, John and his squad climbed onto the army vehicle. "Hey Sara, new mission, hunting down terrorists in the Century Building, stay safe, love you", he left a voice mail for his wife. 

Century building looked like any other building. Everybody seems like they need to get somewhere and nowhere at the same time. Altering the security would mean evacuating the building which also meant that the terrorists could escape. 

First, second, fifth, tenth, all these floors and the ones in between did not yield anything of particular interest. It was the usual, consutancy, day-care centre, parlours, and a sting operation was carried out in all these centers to make sure that nothing threatening the national security was going on. They found nothing.

And then came the seventeenth floor. A broken flat which is supposedly destroyed in a fire but the owners never bothered to repair was beyond suspisious. Barging in and after a bit of sleuthing, they found a group of terrorist playing poker  and planniing out an attack scheduled to happen in a month.

"Back to back". Team work was the essence that made this squad such a such a success. Fifteen terrorists down, 3 squad members hurt. The fight ravaged on and the poeple on the other floors started panicking after hearing gunshots and ran down. Bullets flied, bodies droppes dead. "Roger!" yelled John, but it was too late a terrorist had struck Roger, Johns best friend on the squad and the most experienced member. As he watched down his team mate crumble down in a life less mass, something came over John, he took all his rage out on the terrorist and then suddenly everything stopped............

A colourful box popped up on the screen which read "Congratulations! You just made the high score!!!!!!" "Yes!", John yelled, "Hey Roger, now you owe me $20 for beating you."