Through the Eyes of Inu: The Memoir

A wonderful day to walk with these kindred-spirit dogs; wearing their black harnesses to prevent them from getting too excited to eat every piece of gum outside. They love to play outside, especially running races. They were like mice, escaped from a human that is chasing them. It was irritating and hilarious, both at the same time.

        I'm like a dog, sniffing their fur, little paws and floppy ears. I could never wish anything more hence; I feel like I'm the luckiest pet owner in the world. Mona is a female adult dog and Inu was only a 4-month-old puppy at that time. He may be small but, you can't mess with a 20-centimeter shih tzu. He could be sweet and grumpy. Inu was a little bossy. Most importantly, he loved eating.

        "Aww so he's so adorable, is that your puppy?" Inu became the center of attention in our street, probably that was the reason for his arrogance and domination of her big sister. Yet, anyone may fall in love with his gaze. He could understand every one of us in the family by eye-to-eye contact.

        These two creatures were always fighting with each other, it was menace. "No Inu! Mona is sleeping." And then, they would stop when I shout their names. I considered Inu as the antagonist between him and Mona, though, if his big sister disappeared in his sight, he would certainly cry. It was confusing, but through his eyes I saw his sincerity.

       That night, I made sure that Inu was comfortable on his swing bed before I went to my room with Mona, she was potty trained well. I'll never forget his gaze like he was saying an important thing to me, so I kissed him and said good night. I never thought that it was the last time I would see the little Inu I know.

        After that night, he loses his interest in anything that he loved doing in his life. He never touched nor smelled his food. I noticed a sudden shift on his personality. He has no interest in enjoyment on things that he once enjoyed. Also, he looks confused every time we clean his vomit and diarrhea. He was just staring outside our house. I thought that it was normal because dogs can survive without food for 5 days. But, Inu was continuously vomiting and having diarrhea, I couldn't think straight. My mama and I were panicking.

        I messaged my friend, Arianne and she replied that, "It is normal but you must bring him to the nearest Veterinary Clinic from your place." Also, she recommended several treatments for dogs with diarrhea and brought hope. Then, my Papa bought those treatments immediately. I force him to drink water with dextrose monohydrate to prevent him from rapid dehydration even though my whole body is trembling. I should stay strong; I couldn't show desperation in front of Inu.

        A few hours later, Inu released severe bloody diarrhea. While cleaning it Inu stared at me like he was apologizing on his bad behavior, and it made me cry. Arianne told me that Inu might be infected with parvovirus. The worst nightmare of every fur-parent.

        We decided to bring him to a Veterinarian. My brother bought an ordinary diaper while I was changing my clothes. And my mama explaining parvovirus to my Papa from the information she read in the internet

       On our way to the Veterinary Clinic, I noticed that Inu was staring around, every detail in this new environment to him. He was peeking outside; to the people, establishments and sounds of every vehicle he hears. I found it a little silly and then I saw my Papa and Mama chuckled to the astonishment on his face.

       "He's a human." My Papa said. We all agreed. For a few seconds, I suddenly forget his condition. Though, I knew it was serious and painful. He doesn't deserve this much pain. He was a precious angel in our family.

       We took him to the nearest Veterinary Clinic and the nurse confronted us that he is infected with parvovirus.

       In the clinic, most of them assist us. First, they checked Inu's weight while I carried him. Then, the vet asked me a few questions. Lastly, we headed to the private room for his tests. While waiting for the result of Inu's tests I turned my attention to Inu, talking to him while gazing at his little mouth when it closed, but wide as the Pacific Ocean when he yawned. His chin is resting on a stainless cold bed. He loses a massive number of weights; he seems tired but he's trying to focus his attention on my face. Nevertheless, I felt that it was the longest time of my life waiting for news that might be bad or good. I shouldn't give up even though I'm losing hope that he'll survive if he is infected with parvovirus.