Untitled

The cold sliced through the skin like razors. It was a wildly windy morning, with red and yellow autumns leaves sprawled through the barren streets. Molly was pacing briskly down the insipid pavement as she clasped her hands together and shivered all over. "Fuck it, I'm gonna be late," she murmured.

She clasped a white pill bottle out of her bag with the purple letters "KALMA" sprawled on it and retrieved a small white tablet. In one motion, she gulped it down. After trekking another mile through the bleak breeze, she arrived at an enormous building, decorated with Romanesque ornaments and towering columns. A crimson cardinal lay chirping on a plinth. It had a stumpy leg, which made it hop around funnily as it was fighting the wind to keep its balance. Molly glanced at it with a sad smile and entered the massive bronze doors.

Racing through the desolate hallways, she clashed into an old man with a bushy grey beard and circular glasses, knocking him on his side. A flurry of paper sheets was launched into the air from his pale hands like confetti. They were both sent hurling in opposite directions from the sudden impact. "Oh my god, I'm sorry... Are you ok?" he wheezed as he clutched his chest in pain. Molly, still dazed, tried to comprehend what had happened. She tasted the blood oozing from her lips which were spliced like strawberry jelly. Without uttering a word, she composed herself and continued marching down the caliginous hallway. Red droplets painted the ancient mahogany flooring. She was met with a lofty yellow door which had a paper with "B-15 Class. 9-3am exam" printed on the front. "This is it" she thought to herself.

She took a deep breath and pushed open the doors. The hot air from the heaters hit Molly like a strong gust of wind as she stumbled through. It smelled of dried sweat and dust. A hundred eyes from students seated at tiny desks throughout the massive hall were aimed at her. Their faces twisted in horror and disgust when they noticed the blood. "Jesus are you alright?" whispered a teacher nearby as they approached with concerned looks. "What the fuck?" she mumbled. Her vision began contorting in blurry spasms, slowly at first but with increasing speed, it rattled violently. The approaching figures became unrecognizable black hazes as they fused with the decrepit furniture and dark walls. She collapsed, her heart thundering in her tiny chest. Colours began morphing, changing hue and crystalising in immaculate patterns. She panted relentlessly as if oxygen was sucked out of her lungs.