"Regret"

Story written by: Steve Cloud

The sound of the school bell echoed throughout the hallways of the school and to each and every classroom, "morning assembly again" mumbled by the good looking guy who was talking to his friends outside their classroom. They gathered in the gym, sung the national anthem and their school hymn and listened to announcements. On his way back to his classroom, the guy wondered "when will I able to meet a girl who's on par with me, my life is getting even more boring as each day passes." The guy has everything a girl can ask for. He's smart, handsome, an athlete and most of all sweet, but there lies the problem. The guy is sweet to every girl that he thinks can actually make him fall in love with one of them. At first, everything seems to be going his way, the girls don't have the slightest of idea that the guy they're flirting with is also flirting with other girls. Until one day, one girl told all the girls during their girls only meeting that the guy let's name him "Jared" told her that he likes her. "You're all surprised right? You didn't know that Jared can show an interest to a girl." Three girls stood up at the same time, "he also told me that he likes me" said by one of the girl who stood up grinning her teeth. "That asshole, he should be ready for what's about to happen to him" responded by the 2nd girl. "No wait, I have a plan that will surely shock him" replied by the last girl. The girls talked and conversed for a good 30 minutes and came up with a payback that will scarred Jared's way of treating girls. Dismissal came; everyone was in a hurry to get home to execute the said plan. The arrogant guy ate dinner, went up to his room, grabbed his phone while pouting his lips and told himself "here we go again, at least in some ways I can make my life exciting by playing with these innocent girls and their feelings." He texted the four girls with this message "just got home, kind of sad that I'll have to wait for hours before I can see your charming smile again". The boy waited, waited and waited, it's already 10pm but none of the girls responded to his text. Jared got a little angry and just turned off his cellphone and closed his eyes. "Wake up, wake up, time to take a bath" the maid said. Jared is too lazy to wake up, or let's say too lazy to attend school because like he said he knows what to expect and what will happen, he wanted to try something different, something that he can consider a challenge, something that can energize his will. He sluggishly told the maid "a'right, I'll be in a minute." While taking a bath, Jared remembered what happened last night "those girls will pay later when I see them." Upon arriving at school, he excitedly entered their classroom with his eyes only focused on the task of finding out if any of the four girls is already there, to his luck all four are already there, talking and laughing on one side of the classroom. "This is unfortunate, I can't to talk to one of them yet, and I'll have to make sure that when I do, it will only be the two of us." The disappointed guy, waited for the opportunity that maybe during recess or lunch break the girls will ultimately be separated and luckily they did. Jared approached Chelsea, "hey, didn't you receive my message last night?" asked by the guy. "Sorry, nawalan ako load kagabi eh" replied by the girl, the guy just said "okay" but surely is mad by the fact that the girl didn't even try na magload for him. He saw Chloe girl on the canteen eating alone and told her the exact thing he told the 1st girl but this time got a different answer "ay, nagtext kaba sorry ah maaga kasi ako natulog at pagod ako." The guy is now furious that 2 girls did not try to make an effort to tell him first thing today that, that was the case. He moved on, and went looking for Amy, when he found her Amy told him "sorry but I already like someone else" the long haired girl said with a smile. The arrogant guy almost punched the girl sa sobrang inis. The last girl is his seatmate, the class resumed. The discouraged guy silently asked Pollie the same question he asked the three girls "Jared to be honest, I care for you. Don't lie to people, in the end you'll be the one that's going to suffer" said the soft spoken girl. Jared was speechless, he didn't know what just hit him, he slowly turned his head around and acted like nothing was said to him. After that day, Jared came up with the conclusion that the girls already knew his wrongdoings. His high school life ended with him being perceived as a guy whom girls shouldn't believe even a word out of his mouth. Jared build up the same image in college and if it will come the point that he really falls in love and the girl didn't believed him, he can only blame himself and thus say the word " REGRETS ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE END"