A Sam and Max Fan Fiction

As Sam and Max walk back to the DeSoto they both start to process everything that just happened to the both of them. Max had to watch his best friend die as a big monster, and Sam had to watch the same, the only difference is that to Max, Sam should be dead, and to Sam, Max should be dead. Max saw Sam die. As they were walking Max suddenly stopped and fell to the ground, Sam immediately noticed this and went to go help. This was a new experience for Sam, he's never seen Max in this state before. Max was just sitting there staring at the ground, tearing up.

"Max?" Sam leans down.

No answer.

"Little buddy?"

Max looks up, tears streaming down his face.

"Oh Max." Sam says, putting his hand on Max's shoulder. Max suddenly hugs Sam to his best ability almost instantly getting Sam's shirt and tie wet with tears. Sam slowly pets Max's head, trying to help with Max's situation. Suddenly Max feels himself being lifted up, he looks up to see Sam looking down at him, holding him in his arms.

"Let's go home, little buddy."

"Have I ever mentioned that I love it when you call me that?"

"I don't think you have."

"Well I do."

"Heh heh whatever you say, little buddy."