Chapter one

Deena Johnson is getting ready for her first day of sophomore year. She is dreading going to school because of the slurs everybody call her. When her alarms goes off she screams " JOSH GET UP, AND GET READY FOR SCHOOL". She doesn't really care how she looks for these shadySUCKERS. She grabs her band shirt some straight jeans her flannel and some docs.

"Jesus" she sees her dad passed out on the couch. She grabs all the beer cans that are later out on the floor and throws them away before heading to the car.josh was already in the passenger side waiting for his sister.

Once they got to school late and Simon were already by her car fighting because Simon put a lizard on Kate. She smacked him in the back of his head making him rub it. We all laughed after.

Once we entered the school we all went to our lockers. I put my head in my locker sighing until I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Samantha Fraser. She froze but Sam asked her if she was okay. Deena shook her head yes. Sam started blushing and there was a skewed silence until same asked deena to see her schedule. They had all the same classes together. Deenas thoughts were going everywhere, she couldn't believe the she had classes with Sam Fraser. She had a crush on her since 3rd grade so she couldn't believe she was going to be with her all day. Once the bell ring the both went to their first class honor world lit.

Deena always sits in the back so she can listen to music and zone out. She was making her way to the back when she realized that same was following her. She brushed at the fact that same wanted to sit with her. Sam was staring at deena while the teacher was talking, deena noticed that she kept looking at her and finally said " you checking me out Fraser" with a smile. Sam snapped out of it and answered " you wish Johnson"

The teacher said there is going to be a project on Shakespeare so she announced the partners " Karen and josh.... Brittney and Lillie.... Samantha and deena"
They both looked at each other and smiled. " do you want to come over my house after school" deena asked. Sam shook her head yes and smiled. They stared at each other for a while then sam just pulled her in for a hug. It was so random but Sam couldn't help it because she had a crush on her. Deena hugged Sam back with a smile on her face smelling sams perfume. She smelt like vanilla and lavender. Sam finally let go and left the class after the bell rang and had the biggest grin on her face.