chapter one

[a/n: y/n is deena's twin and already dating simon]

y/n's POV

woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring in my ear.

"Ugh!" I groaned as I slammed it shut and got up, not bothering to make my bed. I blasted some Paramore as I got ready for school.

"Later! I'm heading in early!" I called out as I slammed the door shut. I got in my car and drove to school. Once I parked, I sat there and scrolled through my phone, not wanting to head into school. High school's rough, man.

"Morning, sweet cheeks," I heard a familiar voice and they knocked on my window. A smile crossed my face as I get out of the car.

"Hey, sexy," I replied as Simon gently wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

"Get your bag. Kate said to meet her in the bathroom. We're gonna scare the shit outta Deena," he said. I felt Simons's eyes watch me as I grabbed my bag from the back seat. More specifically, he watched my ass. As we walked to class, I felt his rough calloused hand grab mine. Looking down, my eyes watched his black nails. They were chipping.

"Morning, bitch," I said as I kicked open the bathroom door.

"Morning, slut," she returned. Simon and I waited for her to finished painting the stalls, so instead of helping her out, I threw my bag down and sat there, cuddling with him. My eyes slowly felt heavier and the minutes passed. I was about to fall into a deep peaceful sleep.

"Remember you're helping us babysit tomorrow!" Kate yells as she pushes a box behind the vent, making sure no one took what was inside looking. I jumped awake now pissed at the fact that Kate woke me from my sleep.

"Damn, yeah. I know," I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Oh! Hurry! Get in the stall, you two. You know your lines?" Kate asked. We both saluted and entered that stall, waiting for Kate to bring Deena into the bathroom.

"Hey," he smiled.

"Hey," I smiled back and leaned in. I thought he was going to kiss me but we ended up fighting each other with fake karate moves in the tiny stall. I was about to win when all of a sudden we heard the doors to the bathroom open.

"She reaches from beyond the grave, to make good men her wicked slaves," Kate read out loud.

"She'll take your blood," Simon shouts as we jump out of the stall.

"She'll take your head!" I followed.

"She'll follow you until you're dead!" We finished. Simon and I laughed our asses off as Deena gave us a pissed-off look.

"Wow, you are all dicks," she rolls her eyes.

"What crawled up your ass and die this morning. We're just having some fun," I defended as I wrap my arms around Simon's waist and rest my head on his chest.

"The dude was wearing a Halloween mask. How is that not fun?" Simon followed as he patted my head.

"People died. Heather died. The dude was probably some sad sack who hated his life just like the rest of us, except he decided, hey, why don't I get out of here, and why don't I take Heather and a couple of other mall rats with me. There's no angry dead witch who made him go crazy. The only thing that made him go crazy was this town." Deen yelled out.

"Damn, ok," I muttered.

"Are you ok?" Kate asked.

"Yeah . . . I'm fine."