Stacey: Guilt

Guilt—

Stacey definitely felt guilty for sticking Dawn with the Barrett kids, yet—

There was a reason she was allowed to skip out on the Barrett kids, something which was decided before Dawn joined the Baby-Sitters Club—well, sort of joined as she was on probation. Stacey was not to babysit the Barrett kids due to Mrs. Barrett not respecting Stacey's needs when it came to her diabetes.

Honestly, that should have been a clue to everyone, but then Stacey didn't think Kristy would extend the probationary period out past more than one babysitting job, yet Dawn was so intent on proving herself.

That's when Stacey truly felt guilty, given the fact Dawn was stuck Baby-Sitting for the mom who would flake out on everything, yet she also found herself impressed with the fact Dawn was doing it—taking on the Barrett kids like she was. It was certainly impressive and meant she deserved a spot in the club, even if Kristy insisted she didn't.

Kristy, who didn't like change, something Stacey knew all too well.

And then—

The police were called out and Stacey felt guilty, guilty because Mrs. Barrett's not acting like a responsible parent was evident when she ignored Stacey's needs when she brought them up, which was why it was decided she would not babysit for that particular family.

It was kind of hard not to feel guilty when the Barrett kids were put into the situation they were in by their mother, but their father—well, Mrs. Barrett left the impression he was some kind of dead beat, yet now she was coming across as the dead beat.

There was definitely guilt for leaving Dawn in that situation, guilt for not realizing the situation was there, but also guilt for thinking that about Mr. Barret.