Incoming!!!!

It had been a slow night for the Chicago Med doctors and Rhodes was not complaining at all. After stitching up a little kid that rolled out of bed and bumped his head, Connor decided to go rest his eyes in the Doctor's lounge when all of a sudden he was met with an abrupt Maggie yellowing, "INCOMING...Dr. Rhodes take this one to Baghdad when they get here...I hear it's gonna be a messy one...semi truck driver fell asleep at the wheel, crossed the double lines and caused a multi car pile up. "I'm on it," exclaimed Dr. Rhodes gearing up for the task at hand. As Connor neared the sliding doors he was met with the paramedics. "Gabby, what do we have," asked Connor. "This victim suffered the worst blow from the accident. We have a male in his early 30s with blunt force trauma to the head, a collapsed lung and he's suffering from ventricular tachycardia. We lost him in the field once but his pulse is stable for now. "Dr. Rhodes...you should know...it's Dr. Hal—." Gabby couldn't finish her sentence before Connor shouted "Oh my god, Will!" Immediately doctors and nurses in the ED circled around Baghdad fearing the worst. Dr. Rhodes remained paralyzed for a split second before realizing that this was an emergency situation and he had to do right by his friend.

At home, Natalie was waiting for Will to walk through the door any minute. They had planned to grab their favorite deep dish pizza and go ice skating at the Navy Pier. Though Will hated ice skating, he would do anything to make Natalie happy and that was one of her favorite holiday activities. As the clock kept ticking, Natalie grew more and more frustrated. It was so like Will to lose track of time, start chatting with the night shift ED staff or dilly dally in the Doctor's lounge. As the clock ticked closer and closer to their dinner reservation she decided to call him yet again...just to be met with "Hey, you reached Will Halstead. Sorry I missed your ca—" She threw her phone on the counter out of frustration. Shortly after she heard her phone buzzing on the counter, picking it up she said "Will, you better have a good excuse this time!" "Um Dr. Manning?" Natalie looked down at her phone and realized it was Ms. Goodwin on the other line. "Ms. Goodwin, I'm so sorry. I thought you were Will. He's late getting home and we had dinner reservations. I don't know why I'm even surpr—." "Dr. Manning, there's been an accident. I'm so sorry, but it's Will. You really should get back to Med." Natalie could feel her stomach drop. She felt crippled with anxiety and fear. What happened? Was Will okay? Was he even alive? All of this while she was worrying about being late to dinner? Natalie was paralyzed with thoughts and emotions, she thanked Ms. Goodwin for calling her and grabbed her coat, terrified about what she was going to walk into. She loved Will. She loved everything about him from his cute little smirks, his wavy red hair and the way he fought for the people he loved. He had to be okay.