Chapter Fourteen

-Nina-

"Nina, I am sorry. I was just... Can we start over? Come home with me."

I tried to look composed but my heart was thudding so fast. Tila bibigay na ako sa mga sinabi ni Marco but I stopped myself. Eto ang plano namin ni Luc na dapat maghabol sa akin si Marco which is working.

Asking me to come back seemed enough but Luc said never settle for less unless he declares his undying love and devotion that I will come back to him.

"I'm afraid that would not be the case Marco. If you want me to come home then win me back." I saw the shock in his eyes as I said those words and turned my back.

Hindi ko kayang lumingon kasi baka tumakbo ako pabalik at yakapin siya.
Pinilit kong di siya pansinin buong gabi at nakipagkilala ako sa ibang tao kasama si Cosette or Monique.

Nagsimula na ang sayawan at ang papa ni Marco ay niyaya akong sumayaw and after there were several gentlemen who aske me to dance leaving Marco on the side seething. Hindi siya makalapit sa akin kahit anong gawin niya at ilang babae na ang inayawan niya.

Then Luc came foreward taking me away from my current dance partner.

"Looks like our plan is working, Nina." Bulong ni Luc sa akin at nakita ko ang galit sa mukha ni Marco na sumayaw kasama ni Monique.

"I bet he is looking at us now and planning to kill me." He chuckled and I smiled earning another glare from Marco.

We prentended to be sweet and laughing then Marco finally approached us and pushed Monique gently to Luc.

"Come Nina and dance with your husband or you have forgotten completely?" He said and pulled me in his arms.

"Was it me or you, that has forgotten our wedding vows my love?" I said in sarcasm and his eyebrows shot up.

Never akong sumagot kay Marco noon but now I felt stronger and more vocal. He's not the only one who can play this game.

"What made you change so drastically Nina? This is not you." Marco whispered as he held me on the dancefloor swaying to the music.

"Who do you want me to be? The meek and submissive wife? The one you can hurt so easily? Can be discarded anytime?" I tried to mask the hurt in my voice but then I want him to know the pain I felt.

Marco just looked at me not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry." It was all he said but then are we really sorry for hurting someone deliberately?

"Sorry's not enough, Marco."

"Then what can I do?" He asked and I was a bit taken aback that he'd do anything to bring me back.

"Court me and we'll see." I said issuing a challenge and left him at the dancefloor. I walked away needing air and to think but he followed me outside.

"Wait! Is this some game you are playing?" He said as he grabbed my arm stopping me.

"Game? Do you think I am playing with you Marco? I left my family and friends for you. Married you against your will to earn your love and save you from a loveless marriage then you think I am playing with you?" I shot back angrily and wrenching my hand away from him then started walking.

He followed me towards the secluded part of the massive garden of the mansion.

"Then why do you want me to court you when we're married? Don't you think we're way past that? Why not be an obedient wife and come home with me?!"

"Then what Marco? Wait for you again every night? Drunk or from your affairs? Why can't you earn my love this time? Because I am tired of giving when nothing is returned!" Tears threatened to fall but I held myself from crying again. Not again this time.