Chapter 1

He had the elegance, the sturdiness, the agility of a cat. The way his ocean, deep blue eyes swam intensely as they burned into mine. I would always watch as he would occasionally reach up to scratch his inky curls in class. Everyone talked about him, but no one talked to him. He kept to himself, an athletic star and genius. He was far too superior for us lowly people.

I was in love with him.

- - -

Scroll, scroll, scroll. Liked, shared, commented.

BEEP!

I was awoken from my hypnotized slumber as the Facebook friend icon popped up. Surprised, I clicked on it several times - waiting impatiently as it loaded - and the requester's profile popped up.

Albus Leonard, Sherwood, Oregon, USA has sent you a friend request.

Before I realised what I was doing, I selected 'confirm' and was on his main profile in 10 seconds. His profile picture was what looked like a photoshoot. He had on fake glasses, a grey jumper and was holding a book. It had over 500 likes.

Was he Facebook famous or something?!

He had 1,000 followers and over 2,000 friends. On his profile info, it said where he went to school and where he lived. Most of his status updates were him discussing books that he'd read. Much to my shock, many people would respond.

After 10 minutes of stalking his profile, a chat icon came onto the screen. It wasn't Albus, but my friend Penny. 

OMG? I didn't know that ALBUS had a facebook! He just sent me a friend request and we chatted for a bit. He's so nice! 

I couldn't help feel envious. He hadn't bothered messaging me. I typed a quick reply in response and kept my eyes trained on the screen.

Yeah, he added me about half an hour ago. I saw his profile and he's like facebook famous?!                  

I think he's a model as well! I mean, his profile picture looks so professional and it's got well over 500 likes, nearly 600. I can't even get 60 likes on my pictures!

I smirked slightly as I read Penny's response. She was a gorgeous girl, but devoted her life to fangirling and tumblr. She was also labelled as a nerd since she flew through her classes with ease. People thought she was strange, but being normal is weird.

Same here, the highest I've got is 51 likes, and 2 of them don't count because my ma and grandma did them. And Albus is more popular than Victoria and Kate, the 'rulers' of our school!

Well, Kate looks like a sleaze in all her photos, there's not one picture without her cleavage showing! And on Halloween, she looked like a freakin' STRIPPER! Is it even LEGAL to post that on facebook?!

She is so desperate! Victoria's almost as bad, but since her last account got banned, she's calmed down with the sluttiness. It's like Kate's BEGGING to get her profile deactivated.

We chatted some more, Albus worming his way in many times, until I logged off. It was the first day of school tomorrow, and I was starting as a Junior. I still had a year to worry about what college I was traipsing off to. I put my laptop on charge before glancing around my bedroom. It was average size, with a large single bed in the corner. The duvet was a pale sky blue and matched my curtains. I had a wooden wardrobe cowering in one corner, with a chest of draws beside my bed. The light hanging from the ceiling was a simple white, glittering crystals that reflected off my mirror. As I changed for bed, shivers began to run down my spine and I realised that the windows were still open. The curtains blew gently in the calm breeze, and the moon outside gleamed with superiority down at me. I peered out for a few seconds, taking in the bland scene. My room looked out onto the neighbourhood, and other pristine, fairly big houses were dotted up and down the road. I lived in an upper middle-class neighbourhood, and my parents were both psychologists.