Unexpected Mate

*Warning* There is incest (stepfather and stepdaughter), smut, and a large age gap in this story.

Once a year every female werewolf that turns 18 is entered into the Mating Ritual. An outdated policy where every werewolf in the world gathers in a chosen country to witness the young girls find their mates.

Some females resent this holiday, calling it sexist and degrading, while others look forward to finding the person they are destined to be with.

*****

Elora Sharpe was a firm believer in the later. All her life she looked forward to the day where she would find her one true love.

Love-sick Elora, that's what everyone always called her. Everyone but her parents, they always called her their little light.

She had dark brown hair, just like her father, but she got her light green eyes from her mother.

They were happy until a war broke out between the eastern and western packs. Her father came back from the last war barely breathing.

He died a month later, leaving his wife a single mother to their six year old daughter.

The entire eastern pack mourned the loss of their Alpha for two years. Elora's mother eventually remarried to a man named Desmond, who became the new Alpha.

*****

Twelve years later, Elora sprang up in her bed.

"IT'S FINALLY HERE!" she shouted, pulling on her light blue dress, leather jacket, fluffy socks, and black boots.

As she ran to through the hallway, everyone she passed either rolled their eyes or laughed at her. She ignored them and ran downstairs.

"Mom, it's FINALLY here, I feel like I've been waiting my entire life!" she shouted, bouncing on her feet as if she couldn't contain her excitement.

Her mother laughed and ruffled her hair as she finished making breakfast.

"Don't you think you're being a little dramatic?" Her stepfather offered.

Elora huffed and crossed her arms, pretending to be mad.

"Well, I am about to meet my soulmate, after all," she said giving him a pointed look.

Desmond relented and kissed her on the forehead.

"We know, we just," she paused, "don't want you to go."

Elora sighed and hugged her mom with a smile in her face.

"Well, I guess we'll just have to live here then," she said cheekily.

They all laughed and sat down to eat breakfast.

*****

Elora fidgeted with the bracelet she was wearing.

It was her father's, her mother had given it to for her birthday today.

She was sitting in a huge room filled with hundreds of giggling girls. A few turned and whispered, while others ignored her.

She didn't care. She just wanted to go out and meet her mate.

"Miranda Shane," the announcer called.

A blonde flipped her hair, grabbed the vile from the announcer, drunk it in one swallow, and strutted into the colosseum.

The vile was given to every girl before they entered the Ritual. It was made to enhance the scent of the females so the males could register it and claim them.