Chapter1: The first night

Author's note: Hi, I hope you find this story worth reading because I put alot of work into it. I don't wanna start with a lot of intros but I'll say whatever I want to at the bottom of each page.
It's going to be a rollercoaster, I promise. Thanks for supporting.

.
.
.
.
.
.

I read the text again on my phone and sighed.

“Room 214”.

I climbed the stairs to the fifth floor, tired and exhausted. I didn't take the elevator because I didn't want to bump into anyone. I was about to make a very stupid decision and since my mind was already made up, the plan was just to get in and get out before anyone even noticed I left home.

I walked down the hall, the room was at the far end by the right.

I could hear the thumping of my heart with each step I took. 

I decided to bury myself in the elegance around me. 

This place was nothing like I'd ever seen. I stared up at the chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, the vintage walls and ornate designs. The artworks hanging on both sides of the hall were the most captivating. I absorbed myself in them, wondering how much each piece must've cost.

Finally, I came to the door. I tried to reassure myself so I could walk in with as much confidence.

I was leaving here tonight with alot of money, I would finally be able to make Aida's Christmas wish come true and help Asher pay the rent.

I must've taken a minute before knocking on the door. Once. Twice. No response from within.

I stared at the numbers written above the door.

Two one four.

Yes, I was at the right place.

I knocked again. After waiting a bit, I instinctively turned the knob and walked in.

The room was dimly lit as I expected, spacious and luxurious, probably one of the nicest suites in the hotel but I tried not to admire it, I was here on business. The atmosphere was calm and quiet, I walked to the center of the room and looked around, there was no one inside.

I could see the glass doors leading out to the patio were slightly open, as I stood wondering if to go over there, someone walked into the room.

I stood so still that I couldn't even breathe.

God, at least let him look kind.

He turned to me but I couldn't make out his face clearly. 

He groped about for a few seconds before he flipped the switch on and saw me.

I just stood there, staring at the stranger, I had no idea how long I held my breath. He was nothing I'd ever imagined.

“I thought you wouldn't come”, he said to me, “you seemed doubtful.”

“Um, I-” I barely had any words.

Was I doubtful?