meeting

I sat underneath the sorting hat as it called out Ravenclaw. I beamed at my future table as I noticed someone older beckoning me to sit with him. When I sat with him, he asked me my name.

"My names autumn," I said.

"I'm James, but people know me more as Onision."

"Wait I thought you looked familiar, youre a YouTuber!!"

"Shh," he said, looking down at me. "I don't want everyone to know. But you looked like a fan of mine and I thought we could be friends."

"Sure, of course," I said, popping some food into my mouth.

"Don't eat too much, you wouldn't want to ruin your figure, and besides, they don't even have vegan options here. I can make you something home made if you would prefer."

"OH, sure," I said, swallowing. He was right. And I would love to taste his cooking. ;)

After the rest of the sortings, James took me on a walk around the castle, showing me all the cool spots. We stopped in the library, towards the back, and he put his hand on my back. He pointed up at some dusty books.

"There's a spot up there," he said, whispering, "where you can go behind the books. It's like an alcove. Would you like to see?"

"Sure," I said, my stomach doing turns.

"Okay, hang on to me," he said, putting his hand out towards mine. I grabbed it and he pulled me on top of his back. I hugged his neck tightly as he climbed the ladder to the spot. He moved the books away and we went inside. It was dark, but roomy. This being the first day, it smelt a little but like musk, but I didn't mind. It reminded me of home.
We sat across from each other.

"Well," he said, sitting down fully. "What do you think?"

"I like it," I said, trying to sit down myself. "It's beautiful. It's a little..."

"Tight? If you'd prefer you can sit on my lap instead of trying to manuver around me."

"Oh," I said. I sat on his lap and tried to hide my blush, which wasn't too hard in the dark. I hoped he hadn't noticed.

"I used to come up here all the time with... well, that doesn't matter. It's a beautiful spot, and you should enjoy it."

"Yeah, you are-" I cleared my throat. "It is a beautiful spot."

"You know, I-"

"Who is in here? It's past curfew."

James held a finger up to my lips and I couldn't help but breathe in his scent. He smiled at me deviously and put his head against mine. He whispered in my ear, "we don't want to get caught, do we?" His hot breathe against me made me shiver as I shook my head no. "Good girl," he said and I squeeze my legs shut and tried to keep my breathing even.
"Must have been the ghosts," the unknown teacher said. We heard the door close and then we both burst out in giggles. If this was any indication, I would be having a good year away from my abusive family.