Marriage and Chocolate

"Dad! Mum!" a small hand grabbed for his parent's clothes who were currently lounging on the sofa in their living room.

The man with a neat mustache brought his son onto his lap and gently rubbed his hand through the bushy brown hair on his sons' head. The woman leaning on the man's shoulder took hold of her son's hand and held it within her own.

"What is it Kai-chan?" The woman said while gazing with affection at her own little boy.

Turning in his fathers' grasp, he pointed at a woman and man who were standing in a church all dressed up on the TV, "What are they doing?".

"They are getting married, Kaito." his father said warmly.

"Married?" Kaito looked confused and looked at his parents for the meaning of the word.

His mother pulled him from his fathers' hold into her own and showed him the ring that both his parents wore. "Two people will marry each other when they love the other person very much, just like me and your dad. You can think of it as a promise to be together until the end of time."

"When you're older, you will find someone you would want to be with and may wish to marry them." his father added.

"...Then, could I marry my chocolate?" Kaito asked with sparkly eyes.

"Now why would you want to marry chocolate, sweetie?" his mother asked with a hint of concern but mainly amusement.

"'Cause I love Chocolate! And I want to eat chocolate forever and ever!" Kaito shouted enthusiastically.

The man chuckled, "Kaito, you can marry whoever you want, but I don't think marrying chocolate would be a good idea."

"Why not??" Kaito pouted while glaring at his parents.

The woman patted his head gently while saying, "Because you are not meant to eat your lover, sweetie. Besides, you can have as much chocolate as you want without being married to it. Marriage is more about between people rather than objects."

"But what if I don't want to marry anyone else?" Kaito refuted.

"That's okay because one day, you will meet someone who you would want to give chocolate up for." his father said gently while bringing his beautiful wife and adorable son into his arms.

"That will never happen!" Kaito shouted, furiously shaking his head side to side. He refused to believe that anyone could be more important than his chocolate.

His father placed his hand on his head to prevent him from getting dizzy and warmly smiled at his disgruntled son, "Then let's make a bet."

Kaito looked curiously at his father, "What bet?"

"If you find someone else you would want to marry, you will not eat chocolate for an entire month. If you win the bet, you can decide what you want us to do." his mother nodded along with his fathers' words while looking at her husband and son in amusement.

A cheeky grin appeared on Kaitos' face, "Alright, I agree with the bet, but if I win, you must agree to me marrying my chocolate."

His mother looked at him with a knowing look and replied, "If you win, we will definitely come to your wedding, despite who you are getting married to. However, I have a feeling we will win the bet." she said with a mischievous grin.

"Just you wait!" Kaito exclaimed, "Nothing will stop me from marrying my chocolate!" he shouted before running off, leaving his two parents alone again on the sofa.

Looking at their child running off, the married couple shared a grin before cuddling on the sofa once again.