Chapter Fourteen

While Soma and Megumi were busy tasting out Akira's curry dishes, Futaba went to check on Shiomi. 

"Professor Jun" Futaba calls.

"Yes any questions?! Eh? Nobody here?!" Shiomi exclaims, only realizing that she was talking to no one.

"Soma and Megumi are doing some curry testing with Akira" says Futaba as she takes a seat at the sofa.

"Futaba-chan, how have you been?" Shiomi ask as she places her hand on Futaba's.

"Still recovering but I'm getting better" says Futaba.

"Hayama-kun missed you a lot" says Shiomi.

"You know... Akira confessed to me back then" says Futaba.

"Hayama-kun really loves you Futaba-chan" says Shiomi and Futaba simply shakes her head with a smile.

"I'm not suited for romance and love. I've rejected Akira" says Futaba.

"I won't force you into considering about Hayama-kun. I just want you to smile" says Shiomi.

"What do you mean? I'm already smiling" says Futaba.

"Your true smile" Futaba's eyes widen.

"The smile you have now is like a mask. I really pray for one day where I'll be able to see your true smile again" says Shiomi.

Futaba remain silent as she avert her eyes away from Shiomi.

"If Akira and I ended up having to compete one another, who are you rootint for?" Futaba ask.

"I can't choose to cheer for only one of you. Both of you are important to me. I can only cheer on for the two of you sincerely" says Shiomi and Futaba chuckles.

"So this is where you've been" Akira suddenly says.

"Finish curry taste testing?" Futaba ask, turning behind to see Akira with his hair down and behind him are Soma and Megumi. 

"Oh yes. Let's head back to the dorm. Then, I'll create an even better dish for Hayama him to taste at the Autumn Selections" says Soma.

"Hehh, a dish that can surpass Hayama Akira. I'm looking forward to that" says Futaba.

"You say... You're going to defeat me with your curry flavour? Didn't you realize anything after eating my dish?" Akira ask, with his eyes widen.

"I did. They were terrific" says Soma bluntly, only making Akira confused. 

"There's someone who can make something I can't. That, makes me green with envy" 

Later, the trio left Shiomi's lab and returns to the Polar Star dorm. Soma and Megumi are in the kitchen with a bunch of books related to spices.

Meanwhile, Futaba heads to her room in the Polar Star dorm where Fumio offered and she takes out her notebook and begin to think of a recipe of curry dishes. 

Some days later, Megumi decides to return to her hometown for inspiration while Soma, Futaba and Hirose remained in the Polar Star dorm. One day, Futaba decides to head to the fish market near Totsuki Academy and there, she encounters Ryo.

"Futaba" She turns to see her old friend and also Alice's aid. 

"Hello Ryo" She greets. 

"..." Silence between the two.

"If there's nothing else, I best be off" says Futaba.

"Wait" Ryo calls. 

"Is there something you need?" Futaba ask.