Only Chapter - Take You

Appear, Disappear and I'll take you away

by LadyAlicerius21, Apr 13, 2014, 7:49:16 AM

Literature / Poetry / Romantic / General / Free Verse

(Sebastian Michaelis x Reader)

"You know what they say that mirrors facing each other are bad omens?" a snow white haired girl suddenly thought out loud, her question directed to her bubblegum pink-haired companion as they neared the comfort rooms inside the food court of a mall, wherein the mirrors of the male and female cloakrooms were directly aligned.

"Well, yeah, I guess I heard it," she answered dismissively, feeling the urgent need to pee, "Just wait right there, Alice." she then walked into a cubicle, leaving the white haired to wonder and look at her reflection in the clear mirrors.

Everything was fine and ordinary until she saw a tall man clad in a butler's outfit behind her: raven locks, ghostly pale skin and bright crimson eyes, an outrageously cunning yet handsome smirk plastered across his features. His blood-red eyes staring deep into her Prussian ones.

She was stunned and intrigued, turned around to meet the sudden stranger but as she looked wholly behind her- she was met by the other mirror in the boy's lavatory. The mysterious man gone, as if he was never there.

She felt her spine tingle, whether it was of fear or anticipation, she tried to dismiss it. She couldn't afford to be scared now,

But then she found herself saying,

"Miyu-chan, are you finished yet?" in a stuttering voice she couldn't believe was hers.

"Not yet, come on, surely you could wait, Alice." her friend's whine came about.

She had let out a terribly audible sigh, clearly annoyed and a bit nervous as she turned to face the mirror inside the girl's lavatory.

A sleek raven head, a face so fascinating and enchanting yet terrifying all at the same time, eyes and mouth foretelling mischief.

Blue-green eyes looked shocked as the enigmatic guy only took a step closer to her at her asking who the hell he was, his eyes fixed on hers, travelling down the length of her face to her lips. She followed his gaze and couldn't hold her tongue in as it shot out to lick her drying lips.

"I never knew such a dashing maiden could be so teasing." he stated in a voice so deep and amused, as if the words themselves were pieces of a chuckle put in together in such a perfect harmony one couldn't avoid to get drawn into.

He took several steps closer and held her face gently in his hands, his eyes never faltering for a bit; all focus entirely on those rose pink lips.

Her breath hitched at the close proximity between their faces- was even more astonished as the stranger bent over her: a good two feet taller than her; leaned in and placed his lips on hers.

Her eyes fluttered shut, mirroring exactly what the crimson-eyed man did. The kiss was soft, pleasant, warm and unfortunately brief- earning a small whimper of protest from said girl upon opening her eyes.

'He's gone- AGAIN.' she thought, clearly disappointed in not even knowing who the dashing man was.

Deep in thoughts, she tried to remember the pattern: he appears whenever she doesn't intend to find him, he disappears whenever she looks for him,

she turned around and was quickly scooped up bridal-style,

"What the-?!" she attempted to curse but then a smooth, suave voice had cut her off,

"Shhh, someone might hear you." he had put his index finger upon his lips in a gesture of silence.

Alice couldn't help her face from looking entirely incredulous 'Yeah, he may be unearthly handsome but that doesn't guarantee that he's trustworthy- Heck! He can even be a part of a mafia or something' but then she heavily doubts that since the man was dressed properly and even decorous from head-to-toe,

"Who are you?" she whispered urgently, face coloring upon noticing that they were standing on the doorway of the girl's cloakroom, luckily no one took notice of them- YET.

He grinned, a little too deviously; eyes turning into happy crescents upon his pale cheeks,

"I am to be your butler." he tilted his head to the side, eyes still closed.

"WHAT?!" she finally medium-shrieked. 

"Alice, are you alright?" Miyu's voice sounded worried as a flush was heard.

"You had worried your dear friend, my princess." he opened his eyes, "We have to go now." he smiled softly.

And it only takes that smile to melt her heart and nod her head as if in a trance.

Accepting the contract without knowing the consequences nor the endless power she would gain from it.

Without knowing if she'll survive the whole endeavor.

Whether it was by fate, a strike of luck or an impending curse- she never knew, but took everything he offered greatfully.

But then, she knew from the look in those earnest yet easily misunderstood elusive ruby eyes that he would never let any harm befall her.

And they were the perfect pair: a butler who would do any means necessary to protect and please his mistress, and a mistress who could read her butler better than even the butler himself.

~*~*END*~*~

A/N: Came into mind inside a real mall. Dedicated to my dear cousin who was with me during those times~