Part 1

- Where are you, Tumbler? Let's make fun of those stupid elves! This time I'm going to make them look bad!

- Snapper, you know I've always admired you. But even I'm getting a little tired of it. The only joke we've been making lately on is about that girl Huldra.

- Shh, Tumbler, no names. We'll make jokes anyway!

***

Tumbler and Snapper pulled another one of the banal jokes Tumbler had grown tired of. He was already wishing that they would leave their jokes and start doing normal things like all the other trolls. His face had darkened noticeably. Snapper, on the other hand, looked very happy. Our trolls have changed a lot during this time. They have almost grown to the height of big trolls, and their tails have become longer. Tumbler was so happy that his tail was growing! He had lost some weight himself and now looked tall and handsome. Only his voice gave him away. Snapper had changed a lot, too. His hair had grown thicker and more voluminous, to the amusement of the other trolls. His facial outline had matured, his nose no longer seemed so huge. Snapper would have looked completely human if it hadn't been for the tail and ears.

- So, Tumbler, what shall we do today? - he asked strangely

- Maybe we'll just lie here and enjoy the silence? - with a hope friend said

- You're a troll! Wouldn't you be bored just lying around all day?

- Where did you get the nerve? Why don't we go to Mama Troll's and get something to eat?

- I'm sick of it, - Snapper said. - It's been the same thing for 166 years!

And don't be surprised, trolls live longer than humans. So if you translate to human age, they were about 16 years old.

- Well, what do you want? - Tumbler gave in.

- Hmmm... What if...

***

It's night. There's a shadow walking through the woods. I think we know whose shadow it is.

Snapper is slowly making his way to the Witch's house. Yes, maybe she will wake up and knock him on the head, or maybe she will answer the question that has been tormenting him for 160 years.

- Witch! Witch! - he called out.

- What is it, even at night they do not let you sleep! What do you want from me at this late hour?

Witch came around the corner, her face looking very displeased.

The troll bit his lip and asked a question that tormented him.

- Witch, why do I have thick blond hair? Why don't all trolls have hair like that? What is wrong with me?

The witch chose to answer in her own way.

- You seem to have a problem with that question... You'll find the answer in your family tree! So sure that you're a troll, but soon you'll refuse to see the truth.

- What does that mean? That I'm not a troll? Who am I? And why am I here then?

- You ask me a lot of questions, but you don't want to believe me, and here's the question: Who are you? Why are you? And why? That, my darling, is something I don't understand. If you want to find the answer to the riddle, you have to follow your heart.

***

Walking to the clearing, Snapper wondered what was wrong with his origins? Hadn't one of his parents been a troll?

Though yes, he didn't remember them himself. Unable to endure such emotions at once, Snapper lay down on the ground and immediately fell asleep