Chapter 1

Lagos, Nigeria 🇳🇬🇳🇬

She got out of the car as soon as the driver parked in the garage. She walked into the house in an unruly way, holding an MP player listening to a loud music. The workers around couldn't help but gives her a somehow glance.
"Repeat that and get fire.." She said to a maid who glared at her and the maid lower her head immediately. She got into the living room, meeting her uncle and aunt with their children, chatting and laughing.
'Nawa for who no get extended family' She thought as she walked in fully.
"Here she comes." Someone said and She looked up at the person, it happens to be her annoying uncle whom she broke his son's nose few months back.
"Yes. What is that?" She asked as she sat on a couch beside her younger nephew, playing game on her phone.
"Bidemi. It seems you are lacking some respects. I wouldn't say my brother did teach you well, because if he did, we will see the traces in you. You are a waste to this family." Her Aunt said. Bidemi only glanced at her before returning to her phone📱.
"You tell him that, I'm not your messenger." She replied shortly before increasing the song on the Mp.
"Lower that damn song or you see my wrath today Bidemi." Her uncle commanded and Bidemi stood up.
"Commando calm down! You will be commanding like a boss in your own house not in my father's house. You that said my father did not bring me up well" She pointed at her Aunt. "Oma tun so(You are going to repeat it) Na my papa house I be, make anybody no dey do giragira for me oo.(I'm in my father's house, so nobody should scare me.)" She said heading to her room with her music loud.
"You mean me?" Her uncle asked.
"Who else? Uncle bye, I wanna sleep. If my parent returns, come and wake me up Alex." She said climbing up the stairs.
Bidemi's uncle, Tobi Thompson was a film director, but was accused of demanding for sex before giving a role. He was dismissed and he spent almost all his properties on the case. After he went broke, he begged his billionaire brother(Bidemi's father) to make him live with him. Since then, he has not leave even when he is now well off. His wife ran away during his predicaments so he now has his three children, also living with him in his brother's house.
Karina Thompson is her father younger sister. She is a divorcee and a single mother. She also live off her brother, with her son, Alex.
When Bidemi left the living room, everyone held their breath and only released a few minutes later.
"That girl is something else with her. Look at how she dress like a tout. She is a disgrace to this family I'm telling you." Uncle Tobi said.
"My brother, you see how I open my mouth👄. That girl is like......she is getting rude everyday. If my brother did not do something to it....eeeeeh! Alex. You must not go to her when her parent arrives. She don't respect me so, she shouldn't expect my son to respect her." Aunt Karina said and Alex stood up. He is only Fifteen years old but his personality resembles an elder person.
"Okay." He muttered and walked up through the stairs. "I'm gonna take a nap." He said softly.
"That stupid girl. Her Jamb result will come out this week, we will know what she score." Adam who hasn't said anything since, grumbled. He looked like he was in his early twenties.
"She is not even serious how could she pass." Jummy who is about the same age as Bidemi said.
"That girl must be a devil incarnate. She is not even up to 18. God knows what she will do when she clocks 18." Uncle Tobi said.

⌚🕰⏱⏲🕰🕰 FEW HOURS LATER.

'Ping ping ping
A car honk was heard and everyone in the living room smiled.
"Finally they are back." Karina said and Jummy smiled.
"Uncle said he will buy me the latest bag, when coming back today. Oh my God! I can't wait to see it." She said excitedly.
" I don't think he will have time for such thing today, he went to Dubai for a ceremony not for Shopping trip. Maybe next time." Alex said silently that only she could hear but Jummy glared at him.
"What do you know? You better shut up."
"I don't know a big girl like you will fall for a petty tricks like That." He muttered.
"You say...?"
"Nothing." He said sharply and started reading a novel. "Aunty Bidemi gave this to me....its very interesting." He said and sat down folding crossing his leg while Jummy only glared at him.
Someone pushed the door open and Everybody turned to the door. A man in his late forties stood there with a brief case.
"Darling you need to calm down." A woman followed him in trying to calm the furious husband down.
"Where is that girl? I'ma seriously gonna deal with her tonight. If said she is stubborn I will tell her that I'm not that easy." He said in a Loud voice.
"Brother, what's that? Hope there is no problem?" Karina asked.
"Sister Karina. There is no much problem....." His wife said but was cut off by Mr Thompson.
''No much problem? She beat up a senator's son and you said no much problem. You clearly saw the embarrassment i faced today because of that girl. I shouldn't have settled the matter. If she stays in cell for two days she will know what is going on." He said before turning yo Jummy. "Jumoke call her downstairs. " I will let her know that I'm not that easy."
Before Jummy could plan of going upstairs she saw Bidemi leaning on the stair rail.
"What's that?" She asked in a low voice as she walked downstairs.
"How could you beat up Benson just like that. He has been admitted to the hospital since three days ago. How could you? What if he died?" Her mom yelled at her. Her father couldn't talk anymore because he is very angry and could burst anytime.
"Mom, I was just protecting myself. It was a self defense." She said but her mom landed a hot slap on her cheek.
"Self defense you say? A normal child, omoluabi tabinile ire(a responsible child, well brought up child from a good home) cannot be fighting all around like a tout. This isn't the first, second or the tenth time you have beaten up people or be beaten, but your response is the same thing which is SELF DEFENSE. I'm highly disappointed in you, very very. You better apologize to your father. He nearly lose a contract today because of you." Her mom said.
She turned to her father to apologize, but the latter only looked her up and down, shook his head and walked away angrily.
'I thought there will be a great show when he entered the house like a jagaban. They just ruin my mood" Alex muttered and sat as he watched Bidemi walked upstairs in annoyance.