rest in pieces part three

6 months later

Starr woke me up at 4:36 a.m. she had bags under her eyes and looked as if she hadn't slept in days, I sat up in bed, careful not to wake my mate, trinity,

"what's wrong?"

"Jillian has a fever and won't stop crying," Starr whispered.

I got out of bed and wrapped an arm around my sister. we walked to the boys bedroom and picked Jillian up, I cradled him in my arms and hummed the song my mom used to sing to me when I was small, his fever wasn't very high, and with winter just around the corner, I figured he was just getting a cold.

as soon as he realized I had him, his crying stopped. the past few months had been crazy, I had made my second kill, gained twin boys, and found my mate.

I looked at Starr who was curled up in Jillian's bed asleep, I checked on James and walked back to my room, Jillian still in my arms, as I crept back into bed, trinity sat up, groggy and still half asleep, "everything okay love?" I smiled and kissed her forehead. "yes baby, Jillian just wanted his mommies." she smiled and kissed his cheek. she was so beautiful, I loved her with all my being. I laid our son in between us and laid my arm across both of them.

in the morning Jillian woke me up by sticking his finger in my eye, "I'm up" i sighed and picked him up, walked to his room to get his brother James, but Starr was already up and had him dressed and was playing with in the floor.

"did you get enough sleep?"

"yes, I'm fine now, just needed a power nap." she reached for Jillian and dressed him. "I'm fine, go spend time with trinity. I'm fine. really" she gave me her award winning smile and I nodded.

I crawled back in bed with trinity and kissed her softly, her eyes fluttered open and a smile crept across her face, "good morning love, Jillian okay?"

"yes baby, he's fine, Starr has him and James dressed and is going to take them to the park. the rest of the pack is out running errands. so it's just us."

she leaned up and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and laid on top of her. she wrapped her legs around me and deepened our kiss. I picked her up and started walking to the shower, "no baby, I want you to mark me," she said in a breathless voice. I pulled away from her and gave her a questioning look. "yes I'm sure. I love you and I want to be your mate." I nodded and laid her back on the bed, I kissed her jaw then traveled down her neck, all the way down her side. my wolf was screaming for me to mark her, when I reached her hip, I phased half way into my wolf, just enough for my teeth to sharpen so I could puncture her skin. I looked up at her to make sure she was really sure, she nodded. I dipped my head back down and sank my teeth into her, a whimper escaped her lips but she didnt flench or move a muscle.

after I bit her, I licked the wound. It was already healing. as I stood, she pushed me against the wall and stripped my clothes off. she kissed me hard then kneeled in front of me, I could see her mouth forming into a snout and she marked me. it wasn't the best feeling in the world but my wolf was jumping with joy, now that we had marked each other, we would have matching marks from our hips all the way up to our arms. normal people would think it was tattoos. but it's so much more then that. it showed our love for each other.