Chapter 1 - A New Start

Today things were going to change. 

Liza had packed her bag and went out of the apartment towards her bike. This was her first day of university and she couldn't wait to get a new start. 

While she was on her way to the University she listened to some of her favorite song in her in ears. 

Liza had lived at home until she was 19 years and as she turned 20 she finally found a chance to get away. 

The thought about the past made her suddenly sick. She could feel her stomach turn around inside of her and doing some weird jumps. 

The saliva in her mouth doubled and then she had to stop and puke at the side of the road. All the memories came flooding over her and overwhelmed her. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

The Auditorium was gigantic and wonderfully designed.  She had never been at the University before. Today was her first day and everything was new. 

She didn't care about what University it was - she just had to find one that was farthest away from that place.

As she stood there with her mouth open while gauging at the room, she got interrupted by a gentle voice. 

Hi, are you also one of the new students?

Liza turned around and gathered herself to look more normal. 

Yes, I'm one of the new students. I guess you are new too?

The girl smiled with a relief in her eyes and relaxed. 

Cool, I'm Eve. What's your name? 

Liza admired Eve. She had beautiful blonde hair which was silky smooth. She had subtle freckles on her nose, but it was hard to notice. Liza only saw it because of the bright sun shining through the big window in front of them. 

Hi Eve. I'm Liza. 

Soon Liza got a bunch of informations about the University through Eve who apparently had a couple of family members who also went there once. 

The University was in Aalborg close to the harbor. The city was abseloutly amazing. 

As the first weeks went by, Liza got a bit closer to Eve. She was the one who made it a bit easier to settle in and made her comfortable. 

I don't think I ever got to know, Liza. If you aren't from this city where do you come from and where do you originally come from?

Lizas throat got dry. They were sitting in the main hall at the University eating their lunch. 

Um.. I come from the southern part of Jutland. Just a little city that nobody knows about. 

She had to make something up so Eve couldn't see through her. 

I'm adopted. So I originally come from Sri Lanka, but my adoptive parents got me when I was about 2 years old. 

Eve gave a gentle smile while nodding.

Liza prayed for no more questions and luckily Eve didn't go further with her questions. 

There was something about Eve that gave Liza comfort. Eve seemed relaxed and down to earth. As the first week went by they had gotten to know each other a bit more. They spend most of their lunch breaks together. Eve was a good talker and Liza was fine with being the listener. 

That way she didn't have to give up informations about herself. 

As the second week neared, they were introduced to the get together weekend. All the students would go to into the city and party together. It was a huge alcohol culture in Denmark and that was how young people seemed to socialise. 

Liza was not much of a drinker. She would drink a glass or two, but never to the extend where she couldn't remember anything or make herself exposed. 

She really didn't want to go. Eve didn't either but she was very committed to the class. She wanted to go and Eve made sure that Liza also attended.