Preface

ALEX'S POV
March 23, 2462- 11:47pm

I was running from my greatest fear. I accidentally angered a mother bear, and now I was running for my life. I didn't mean to shoot her cub. I missed the deer and they were near by!

I should've climbed up that tree when I had the chance. I should've thrown that fawns meat down when I got high enough. Instead, I stupidly froze up and gaped at it bounding toward me. I waited until the last second and then had to sprint.

Now, I was jumping over rocks and logs. Tripping over uprooted.. well roots and I was quickly running short of breath. Finally, I saw a beacon of hope. I saw the opening of the forest. I ran even faster when I saw it, but my efforts weren't enough. The bear finally got to me.

It pinned me down and started to claw and snap at my right arm. I screamed and thrashed in pain as it tore the mauled arm off to the side. Blood spewed out of the open end as I was slowly loosing conciseness.

But then, I heard a bang and the bear fell to its side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RYAN'S POV
March 23, 2462- 11:47pm

I was finally off of work. I stepped into my Corvette Stingray and drove off in the direction of my home... well, palace really. I am next in line for the throne and I DESPISE the mere thought of me up on that thing. What I really want to do is work at the hospital like I do now.

Yes, I do work at the hospital. I have ever since I was 10 years old, when I saw that homeless man with no feet begging for money on the side of the road. It was then that i realized that my people aren't getting the type of health care that they need.

I now donate ¥300,000 to all the hospitals in my kingdom and work from 5:30am to 11:45pm at the closest one to me. I help the doctors put on mechanical limbs on all of the people who need them, and it makes me happy.

I finally made it to the palace and got out of my car. I went around the back and climbed up the gutter and then went through my window. If I were to be caught out of bed at this time, there was no telling what my father would do to me.

I pulled of my work clothes that I hid in the trunk at the foot of my bed. I climbed into my fuzzy snoopy pants and pulled in a plain grey tank top and then face planted into the fluffy cloud I can thankfully call a bed, and drifted off into a deep sleep.