2:00

Here's to you because you were with me the whole time I wrote this

---

When Ted Mosby said that nothing good happens after 2 AM, he should've just believed and slept.

Because why did he just place an order for a fifteen-thousand pesos worth of diamond ring without even a proper receiver? He did not even have a lover!

"What drugs are you on bro?" A friend teased him after he told him about the 15K worth of ring.

"What am I going to do about it?" He asked worryingly.

"I don't know. Maybe propose to the next girl you'll meet or whatever."

He did try to cancel the purchase. Apparently, it was too late. The payment process has been made and the jewelry store is already preparing to ship the parcel.

Just why did he have to take two days to decide whether to cancel or not?

Well, he did try to weigh the pros and cons first, that's why.

The ring was beautiful. He was sure it will cost more in time. Yet he didn't have a girlfriend to propose to... but he'll have one soon, right?

After all the thinking and jitters, he just settled to the thought that maybe... maybe he was destined to purchase the ring.

And maybe it's about time to date again.

But dating is never easy. It will never be. Especially if you are looking for someone to marry... or put the ring on... at least.

This would've been easier at 21. But who dates to marry at 21 anyway?

"All these girls and still no one?" His friend's girlfriend sighs. They've been trying to help their friend in dilemma. Setting up dates for him with different women, but it was of no use.

It was tiring to find a good catch. It's not that he's trying to find a woman just because of the ring. No. It's because he's way past the age he had set for himself. The age he planned when he should already be starting a family.

He wasn't feeling himself, no doubt. And a call from mom didn't make things better.

"Stay with us for a week while you're on leave."

Moms. Always making us feel like we're still kids.

He hated that. It just added pressure to his already anxious age limitation to self.

But who can say no to moms?

Definitely not him.

So here he is, unpacking his clothes and carefully placing them into his old room's drawers.

"Call me when you need anything. I'll be right downstairs," his over-enthusiastic mother says.

Of course, he did not have any reason to call his mother. Instead, he just went down because what else will he do in his empty childhood room?

He comes down to his mother and her amiga currently talking. Seated in between them is a familiar lady, looking bored yet still politely nodding when the two elders try to talk or ask her questions.

He tried to figure out who this lady was. She was definitely, definitely familiar.

"Clyde?" She calls out his name, the boredness on her face gone and excitement evident.

"Is that your Clyde? Oh my! What a man he has turned into!" His mother's amiga exclaimed. He's guessing that this woman is the familiar lady's mother.