Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Primrose

Peace was something I’m not used to anymore. 

Besides, you wouldn’t find that in the entertainment industry. It was always endless chaos and noise.

I took a deep breath as I stretched my arms, slouching on my chair.

Mas nakakatamad magtrabaho kapag nasa bahay. I’ve been working from home for three days already. It was to avoid another confrontation with Karlin and to lessen the stress from the situation outside the building. But, I was told that there were only a few people now unlike last time. Thanks to the announcement of E Entertainment regarding the concert.

“Come in!” I said when someone knocked. 

Nate peeked carefully before his lips stretched into a grin. He entered carrying a plastic bag. He placed it on my lap carefully before sitting on my bed.

“Hey,” Nate greeted.

“Wala kang schedule ngayon?” tanong ko habang kinuha ang isang cup ng chocolate ice cream sa plastic na dala niya, “Thank you for this.”

“That’s not from me, but welcome,” he chuckled. 

I frowned.

“Umutang si Kuya Liam sa akin. He told me to bring you that to cheer you up. Kuya Kane, Kuya Tripp, and Kuya Liam are all in another country right now for the special celebration of the survival show. They’ve just heard about what happened. Kaya humingi na lang ng pabor sa akin si Kuya Liam. Sabi niya kasi malamang ay marami na naman tumatakbo sa isip mo,” aniya.

Hindi ako sumagot at napatingin na lang sa ice cream. So he still remembers my comfort food? I couldn’t help but smile at the thought. I know that we haven’t talked to each other yet, but I appreciate how he was giving me time and space. I appreciate the thought that he wanted to cheer me up. As a friend.

I pouted. “Tell him I said thanks.”

“Noted, Miss President!” Nate saluted. “Hindi ko nga pala sinabi iyan kay Loey, ah? Busy din naman siya.”

“I don’t know if he needs to be informed by it, but maybe I’ll tell him,” I replied, shrugging.

As far as I observed, Loey’s not someone who will ask for an update about me that much, especially my interaction with my past. He knows about Liam but he didn’t ask me anything about it.

Then a sudden realization hit me. “So they also know about the blind item?” Nate nodded. I parted my lips. “Did they ask you about it?”

He shook his head slowly and then frowned. “I was actually waiting for them to ask about it but they didn’t  even mention it. Liam only talked about his concern towards you. Even the two only asked if you’re okay. That’s all.”

Saglit akong natahimik. That’s kinda unusual. The three of them would probably confirm the rumor spreading all over the internet. I mean, ganoon sila pagdating sa akin. Tuwing may nababalitaan sila, gusto nila kaagad kumpirmahin iyon. Still, I’m touched that they still care for me. That’s all that matters, I guess?

Hindi rin naman nagtagal si Nate dahil tumawag si Kuya Eros at hinahanap na siya.

I finished all the important things to do before I decided to leave the house. 

"Sa Empire tayo," saad ko sa driver.

I picked my phone from my bag and informed Ate Alice that I'll be going to the building. I also told her that she doesn’t need to pick me up in the parking lot because I'm not going to the office.