「 𝚂𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚜. 」

- ☆ -

Boruto Pov.

"We'll head towards the Sand village also asking about Shinki's absence...this is the first time I'm hearing about it," I said as we ran through the trees.
"Not many know of it but they played it off as he's on a long mission," Mitsuki replied.
"What exactly happened?"
"Nine months ago he just...vanished. They found a note saying 'I'm leaving. Don't come after me.' They did encounter him but the Ninja's who found him always ended up unconscious."
"I'm sure the Kazekage wanted to go after him." I thought out loud.
"He did but he wasn't allowed to as he plays an important role in the village," He sighed.
"Why didn't Konoha help?"
"After the lockdown..." He glanced at me as I looked down, "Shikamaru-san made it clear." I looked at Mitsuki and frowned.
"Wouldn't Temari-san disapproved of that idea?"
"She did. It caused a lot of problems. Shikamaru-san focused on the village and less on his family. Shikadai is depressed as his parents fight a lot."
"So we couldn't figure out anything?"
"After Sakura-san became temporary Hokage...things calmed down a little bit...but as she wasn't official she didn't hold as much power. The decisions had to go through Shikamaru-san." I rolled my eyes.
"Let me guess, he didn't approve many of her idea's." He nodded his head in response.
"The lockdown couldn't be changed so Sakura-san made alternative solutions like raising the anbu again. Meaning not like it was in the past but as the Anbu section are under Sai-san so we know nothing would repeat from the past. Only they are allowed to go out of the village to help the Sand. Sakura-san didn't want to put these restrictions but it was the best she could do. Oh and of course, Shikamaru-san denied it."
"How did we leave then?"
"After your dad came, he loosen the rules of course. Also, we are going on missions for Kara, that's different, especially when they resurfaced. This mission is also to find Shinki, again, because your Dad thought it was unfair."
"Our village- no, this Shinobi world is fucked up. My dad didn't want the lockdown but Shikamaru-san somehow convinced him to...when he was in the vulnerable state because of us." I finished as there was silence between us.

After couple more hours of running, a small restaurant came into view.
"We'll stop there to eat," I said. We opened the door and sat down at a free table. All eyes were on us. Mitsuki and I glanced at each other trying to figure out why.
"What would you two Shinobi like?" The waiter bitterly asked us. He had a band-aid wrapped around his head.
"Umm...Onigiri is fine."
"Will you pay for it?"
"Yes of course we will-"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sorry, did we do something?" Mitsuki asked him. The waiter sighed.
"I should be the one apologising. Two days ago two Shinobi about your age came and left without paying. They ran out being chased by other Shinobi's. Other people came again yesterday asking about the boy and the girl, I said I didn't know anything but they beat me up anyway." Mitsuki and I looked at each other.
"How did they look?"
"The kids about your age, the boy was wearing a cape, he had red markings on his face and brown hair," Our eyes widened as we looked at each other again, "He was with a girl...I...I don't remember her face. Oh, and the Shinobi that chased them out had the Sand village symbol."
"Thanks for the information, we'll look into it."
"Do you know which way they ran?" Mitsuki asked.
"Um...that way." He pointed towards the way we came from. We nodded our head, silently thanking him as he left to get our food.

"Shinki." We said at the same time.
"So we can agree on that." He said.
"Anyway," I sighed, "They went the way we came from, two days ago."
"That way led to the side Sarada and Kawaki are assigned."
"Not necessarily." I started. I got out a note and wrote something on it.
"What are you doing?" I bit my thumb as blood started to drip down my hand. I did the hand signs as a small cloud of smoke covered the table.
"Boruto-sama, what can I do for you?" A voice said. The smoke cleared to show a small purple toad.
"Send this to Kawaki and Sarada." I gave her the letter.
"As you say, bye." She disappeared in a puff.
"Since when did you have a summoning? and what did you write in that letter?"
"I signed that contract when Kawaki, Dad and I were training...but that's not my only summon. Anyway, I told them to continue finding fake shinobi's while we..." I placed money on the table and headed towards the door.
"We?" Mitsuki followed.
"We're going to find Shinki."