Before We Begin

"K-Krowa, you still have stories you should be updating, why are you making a new one?"

Because I can.

Yep.

THAT BEING SAID...!

Before we begin, I'm going to ramble about Haikyuu a bit - and what this story is gonna be like.

So, most people tend to think that Haikyuu is just a story about hot guys playing volleyball and downplay it as "just another sports anime" - and honestly, the younger me would agree, but, now looking at it, I sorta think that's where there completely wrong.

Haikyuu, is probably my favorite manga of all time (besides Berserk which totally didn't traumatize me but I digress), and it'll probably stay there for a while. Now, before you say I don't have taste or anything, let me talk.

When it had started airing a few years back, in what, 2014, the 7/8 year old me thought: "Who the heck is gonna watch a volleyball anime? I don't even like it that much. It's my least favorite game to do in gym class too." I had put the story off, until like 2019. Now, even five years later, I still hadn't really liked volleyball much, but my friend had recommended me to at least try it out and give it a shot, so I did.

Let me just say... it wasn't anything like the volleyball we played in gym class.. and I instantly regret putting it off.

I was hooked. It took me only a couple of days to catch up to season three. And I'm pretty sure Season four had just been announced a few weeks after I caught up, coincidentally enough.

And right after season four part 1, I had decided to check the manga out.

The art - the storytelling - the life lessons, basically everything that was shown in this manga, honestly.. once again, I was mind-blown.

There was no freaking way that someone could be this good at storytelling, I had thought. But each and every damn time, Furudate had kept surprising me. It was crazy. Each plot point in this story has carried a significant weight. 

Through a story that was supposed to be about a boy striving to be this 'Little Giant', we were given a story about life itself. How there are ups and downs in life and how you won't always get what you want. How your dreams may change as you grow, how some of your expectations in life won't be met. How it's important to take care of yourself first and foremost. How failure isn't the end of the world and especially how winning isn't everything and that losing is needed to grow, and progress even further.  And that's it's okay to just...live in general. 

I could go on about how many things Haikyuu has taught me. Not only did Furudate make a story of great, well-written characters (seriously, every character has their own moment and everything it's nuts) He wrote a story that has moved the world.

Anyway, I doubt any of you gave an absolute shit about any of that. So you may be wondering, what's this story going to be like?

If you can't tell from the cover, I'm gonna be writing it based off of the Itachiyama, however, it's gonna be insanely hard to write this story due to me writing without source material, and we've got absolutely nothing on them, (Even though they're known as the champion school of Tokyo and are probably the most consistent team nationally in Japan high school volleyball in the Haikyuu verse-)

I've decided to make my own representation of what I think the team is like despite the few characters we've seen, such as Iizuna, Sakusa, and Komori, so I have to come up with names for the members and stuff, since those three are the only ones with names. The other members have been shown though, but with no name. So I technically have to come up with names for them.

This will have manga spoilers, but it'll just be really about Sakusa and his characteristics, so they aren't major (at least I think). Other than that, the rest of this will basically be my idea on what the Itachiyama team is like outside of games and how they are inside of games.

Also, stuff like the Interhigh and Spring High are what I've come up with, since like I said, we've got nothing on Itachiyama but a few panels.

Oh, and if you haven't read the description of this story, the love interest is Kanoka Amanai, you know, the girl that liked Tanaka.

....Before you ask, I like tall women, okay? Don't hate on my standards.

ANYWAAAAAAY, I'll have you guys know that this will be slowburn though.. and I mean slooooooooooooooooooooowburn. I want their relationship to be realistic and I still have her planned to still like Tanaka in this soz....

 I want their relationship to be realistic and I still have her planned to still like Tanaka in this soz

DON'T WORRY, IT'LL WORK OUT THO!

I also don't know how many people prefer where the main character is actually a human, so FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD, DO NOT expect superpowers or shit that shouldn't be possible in real life. Like a literal fucking teenager being so strong he can break someones arms off, or being able to get 29 services aces in a row, like not even monsters like Atsumu/Ushijima/Hinata/Kageyama can pull shit off like that. I know it's fan fiction and all but still...

But then again, that's probably what some of you guys prefer. But it's not gonna be like that in this story.

Fun fact: This was my friends story, we both planned to do completely opposite stories, but he decided to give up on it, and here we are. It's mine now. He randomly asked me one day; "Do you want my story? I'm giving up on it."

And I was like: "HELLL YEEAH!"

Though that was really just the main characters personality he gave me but I changed it quite a bit. The other stuff I had to do myself and come up with on my own.. like the pacing of the story, writing the characters personalities, etc, etc. I also had to do some research on high school volleyball in Japan and some other stuff like that. Though, it was a fun experience, so I don't care too much.

By the time I'm posting this, I haven't posted the first chapter yet, but it'll probably come before midnight or not.. I don't know. It'll be soon though. 

That being said, I hope you enjoy this story, and the journey.