Chapter 1

Zack (1st person)

Me, Phil, Phred, and Smiley stood outside of our apartment door. We all go to Riddle University now, so we decided to try living together in an apartment near the school. It was Saturday, about a quarter though the school year. "Can't you stay for like, five more minutes?" Phil asked, hugging Smiley tightly. "I wish," she said. Smiley pulled away from Phil and began walking down the hallway. Honestly, I don't know what we're gonna do without her. She does most of the cooking, cleaning, and financial stuff. I'm surprised she even wanted to go, since she'd have to miss some school. Oh well, she'll only be gone for a few days, I'm sure we'll be fine.

Phil (1st person)

The minute Smiley left, Zack broke the toilet. "Uh... Guys?" Zack said. Me and Phred came over to him. "...What did you do?" Phred asked. "Um... It flushed, but the water's still running," Zack said. Right after he said that, the water started rising. Zack nervously backed away from the toilet. I'm just glad that the water was clean. It overflowed out of the toilet and began spilling all over the floor. "Do something!" Zack said. "What? I don't know what to do!" I said. "...Should we call a plumber or something?" Phred asked. "Um... Maybe it'll go back down by itself if we leave it for a while," Zack said. "Yeah... Should we put towels on the floor?" Phred asked. "Yeah, sure," I said. I laid towels on the floor, but we didn't have enough. "Umm..." Zack said. "...You guys think of something, I'll be right back," I said. I went outside and Googled how to fix the toilet, but I didn't find anything helpful that wasn't a three hour tutorial. Plus, I didn't even know what was broken.

I went back to Phred and Zack, who weren't in the bathroom anymore. "Did you guys fix it?" I asked. "No, but the water shouldn't come out of the bathroom," Zack said. "Well, what about the toilet? We're gonna have to use the bathroom at some point," I said. Phred shrugged. "There's a bathroom downstairs in the lobby," he said. "Whatever... What're we gonna do for dinner?" I asked. It was around seven thirty. "Let's just order pizza," Zack said. "Yeah," Phred said. "Okay," I said. Zack ordered it, then we all waited around for about and hour. "Shouldn't it be here by now?" I asked. "...Just give it a little longer," Zack said. We gave it another hour, then me and Phred were both getting annoyed. "Well, where is it?" Phred asked. "I- I don't know, let me check," Zack said. He looked at his phone, then his eyes widened. "What?" I asked. "Well, um... I might've forgotten to, you know, press order..." he said. "Are you kidding me?" Phred said. "...Well, can you order it now?" I asked. "Umm... Apparently it's too late," he said. "What do we do now? We barely have anything here," I said. "Why don't we just, get takeout or something?" Zack asked. "Okay, but who's gonna get it?" I asked. "I can," Zack said. "Pff, no way, I'll go," Phred said, heading to his room.

Zack looked at me nervously. "Your fine..." I said. Phred got dressed, then he came back out and left our apartment. He came back a while later with a ton of food, which we all devoured in a few minutes. Once I was done, I realized I'd eaten way too much. "...Ugh..." I said. My friends groaned as well. The sun had already gone down by then, and the apartment was extremely dark. I couldn't see much, but I could hear one of my friends snoring. I decided I'd try to sleep, but it was relatively impossible, considering how bloated I felt. Phred was also seemingly using my stomach as a pillow, which didn't help anything. Eventually, I found that both of my friends had woken up. The doorknob turned. "What was that?" Zack whispered. "I... I don't know, the door is locked, right?" I asked. No response. "...Phred, you locked the door, yes?" I asked. No response. The door opened, and me and my friends crawled behind the couch, assuming that someone was breaking in. "Should we call the police?" I whispered. "I don't have my phone," Zack said. Whoever came inside went straight to my room. There were a few crashing sounds, then they came out and went back towards the door. They were clearly holding something. "What do we do?!" I asked, keeping my voice low. "I- I don't know, throw something!" Phred responded.

Zack didn't say anything, as he was trying to hide his fire from whoever was in our apartment. I crawled to our coffee table and felt around for something throwable. I found a glass bottle and decided that was good enough. I knew I wouldn't be able to throw it accurately, so I decided to try to get a bit closer. The intruder had stopped in our doorway, facing away from us. I snuck up behind them, preparing to throw it. I got close enough that I could reach out and touch the person. They were wearing an orangish jacket that looked a bit familiar, but I ignored it. I pulled the bottle back and prepared to smash it over the persons head. They turned at the last second, then they dodged me and shoved me over. "Please, don't hurt me!" I called. "Phil?" The person asked. I looked up, my entire body shaking. "Smiley?!" I asked. "Yeah, sorry about that. My flight was delayed, and I forgot something here, so I came back to get it," she said. "Oh..." I said. Smiley helped me up, then Phred came over.

"Hey Phred," Smiley said. "Hi. I'm not even gonna ask what's going on," he said. "It's not that complicated. Smiley's flight was delayed, and she just came back to get something," I said. "Oh. Where's Zack?" Phred asked. "Guys!" Zack called from the bathroom. Me, Smiley, and Phred all ran over to him. "Zack, what's going on? And why are my clothes all over the floor..?" Smiley asked. "Snake! There's a freaking snake in the toilet!" Zack yelled, ignoring her question. I'm assuming that they decided to use Smiley's laundry to soak up the rest of the toilet water. The lid was closed. Smiley approached the toilet and slowly opened it. Phred was pressed against the wall, terrified. I just watched, not sure what to do. "Oh, I see... It's not that big..." Smiley said. She reached into the toilet and pulled out a foot long snake. She held it close to its mouth so it couldn't bite her, which it was clearly trying to do. "Okay... Now what?" I asked. "Kill it!" Phred yelled.

"Well, what do you want us to do, shoot it?" Zack asked. "Just throw it out the window!" Phred said. "Um..." Smiley said. "I can go put it outside," I said. "I'll do it," Smiley said. "Then I'll come too, in case something happens," I said. "I should come as well," Zack said. Phred didn't say anything, but he followed us. After an awkward elevator ride, we made it down and out of the lobby. The snake had just given up by then and was lying limply in Smiley's hand. We took it outside and set it down. Phred did a somewhat offensive hand gesture as the snake slithered away. The snake was almost immediately grabbed by an owl. Sure, it looked cool, but I felt as if it would've in been better if we'd just thrown it out the window. However, the snake bit the owl, which panicked and landed in a tree. The snake fell, and I new it wouldn't live if it hit the concrete, so I ran over and caught it.

Zack (1st person)

Phil caught the snake, and as soon as he did, it bit his wrist. It then got out of his arms and escaped. "Phil, are you alright?!" Smiley asked. Phil began crying. Smiley got her phone, then panicked a few minutes later. "What?" I asked. "We need to get him to the ER, now!" She yelled. "Alright, who's car?" I asked. "Mine," she said. Me and Phred hauled Phil after us as we made our way to Smiley's car. I sat in the front with Smiley while Phred and Phil sat in the back. Smiley drove us incredibly fast to the ER. A bit too fast, as we almost immediately got pulled over. Smiley explained everything to the police officer, and they let us go without asking too many questions. We got to the ER, and everything was sorted out. Smiley handled most of it, and I didn't really get to see anything interesting. Eventually we got back home. We were all exhausted, and we immediately went to our rooms and fell asleep.