Chapter 1 - only James

I never thought I would fall in love. My opinions about myself were.. well.. not too good I'd say. Until I met James. I love him, I've loved him ever since we met each other last year during Christmas.

I was surprised when he asked me to be in a relationship a few weeks later, because I never thought I would be enough for him, or anyone. But, we've been in a relationship for about ten months now, and I'm happy to be with him. And I'm sure he thinks the same way about me. At least, I hope so. I really, really hope so.

Today is our ten months anniversary. He didn't tell me anything about a date, so I hope he remembered, at least. Or it could be a surprise, though he knows I'm the worst with surprises.

At that moment, the phone rings. I walk over to answer it, and silently hope it's James. Maybe he did remember! Maybe he'll tell me all about a time and location, or what I need to wear to a fancy restaurant, or maybe he'll invite me to his house so we can enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal! It doesn't even matter to me, as long as he knows I love and care about him.

I pick up the phone, only to hear my mum on the other side of the line. 'Congratulations with your anniversary, honey!' She cheers. Huh, at least she remembered, I think to myself.

'Thanks mum.' I tell her. I'm not going to inform her of the fact that James hasn't told me anything yet, she'll get worried, or she'll tell me to leave him again. She does that often, apparently he "isn't good for me" or something along those lines. But I love him, so I don't think I'll ever leave him willingly.

'Have fun on whatever date you're going on tonight, but stay safe.' My mum tells me. 'You never know what could go wrong.'

I smile. She's always so worried for no reason, it's become her only personality trait at this point.

'I'll be fine, mum.' I reassure her. I can be careful if I want to, but I trust him with all my heart.

'Okay then honey, have fun, bye!' And she hangs up. I look over at the time and see that it's already six o'clock, which is usually the time James comes to pick me up. I look over at the phone one more time, hoping it would start ringing, but no. The phone stays silent, just as my apartment where nobody except me has been for many months.

I can feel my eyes tearing up. I can't believe he actually forgot about the anniversary, especially since it's such a big deal for me.

A tear slowly leaves my eye. After a few moment I can feel the salty water droplets streaming down my face with no end, and I realize how lonely my life actually is. I don't really have any friends, my family lives across the country, and the only person I really love forgot about one the thing that's really important to me: letting me know I'm loved.

The tears won't stop, and just when my knees are about to collapse, I hear a loud notification. I lift up my head and slowly walk towards my phone so I can see who the notification is from. A little purple icon pops up, bringing the message that my comfort streamer, Aimsey, is live.

The decision to click on the stream, is the decision that's about to change my whole life.

----------------

Don't come for me I wrote this in like two hours because of a nightbot cult that I'm apart of
I guess next chapter will be up soon