Chapter 1 The Transport

(Jelsey's P.O.V)

YES!!! It's finally happening! We're getting transported to the place we wanted to go! It's finally happening!! Guess our hard work really paid off. I stood behind the transport cart beside my childhood best friend Clea. We worked together on a lot of freelance projects for our planet, hoping we're going to be able to get into a high building such as our galaxy organization called Starcove Galaxy Care. Although the name might not be very big considering there are many organizations with cooler names, this certain organization is really huge and takes care of our galaxy!! And the fact that Clea and I are able to get into it brings great joy to both of us ever since we got the invitation. Clea and I are waiting by the transport station until we saw our transport car pull up into the station and open its doors. We immediately rushed inside unable to contain our excitement. After the doors closed and the transport took off, we looked outside onto the streets that looked really tiny to us. 

"Wow look at the view!!" Clea remarked. "It's really small when you look at it from a bird's eye view"

"Yeah, It does look pretty small." I quietly said.

Although I am excited that we are going to Starcove, I do feel a little homesick even if it's only been a few minutes. 2 hours have passed and we saw the bright lights of the sign of Starcove and we beamed at it with awe. The transport took us inside and it stopped near the transport station entrance, while we were getting there me and Clea began prepping ourselves up to go meet our boss, which we basically couldn't wait for it. While we were prepping I couldn't stop thinking about what kind of person our boss could be. There are so many possibilities about what our boss could be, there were chances that they could be nice or rude, but I really hope they're nice. We then stopped at the employee entrance of the building and we began walking to the building and we were captured by the beauty of what we saw inside. Waterfalls were falling into the fountain, holographic pictures of planets and stars, and plants in glass circles hanging from the ceiling. It's basically everything you can imagine inside of a galaxy service company! After we looked around for a bit Clea then said that we should get going. I nodded and followed her looking around for a sign or a map to tell us where to go. And then we were lost, we looked around a while nervous about us being late for our interview until we heard a gruff voice.

"Hey, you two..." The voice said.

We turned around and we saw a man who looked like he was wearing scavenger clothes covered in grease and oil. He had a brown beard and hair, a hat, and shiny blue eyes that were staring right at us, and there were scars on his face and arms, I wonder what could have happened to him.

"What are you two looking for?" The man said.

"Umm, we were looking for the boss, we need to know where to go.." Clea said worryingly.

The man then pointed to a door that was on the second floor of the room we're in.

"He's right in there." the man quietly said.

"Oh, thanks!" I said happily.

Clea and I thanked him and we started to head towards the room. Once we got inside we saw a room with banners and a big glass window on the other side of a room along with a man sitting reading stacks of paper. Clea and I looked at each other before I decided to speak up.

"Umm, Excuse me, sir?" I questioned while raising my voice.

The man then looked at us and he had the most deadpan expression I have ever seen. I was beginning to wonder if we got into the wrong room.

"Ummm, is this the boss's room...?" I spoke awkwardly

The man stared at us with the same stare while Clea and I stood there awkwardly. If this wasn't the boss's room then this would be the most embarrassing moment we ever had and it's on our first day!!

"Yes..." The man finally spoke and Clea and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank you, we thought we barged in while you were working, that would be embarrassing if we did."

"It's alright, I have planned that you two would arrive. Although you did quite recklessly." He said in an automatic voice.

This guy speaks like he is a robot. I thought to myself. The man then stood up and head towards us, his expression non-changing. He got closer at us to inspect us and that's when Clea and I took a closer at him. He was wearing a black with gold garments commander outfit, he had a badge that said Starcove on it and a black cape with gold near the end.

Man, this guy looks intimidating!! And it doesn't help with his deadpan stare either. I thought to myself and then looked into his eyes. His eyes were deep red and looked there were glowing a bit, though it could be the light.

"Ummm, this could be a weird question, sir... But... Why are your eyes glowing?" Clea questioned hesitantly.

I can't blame her for being hesitant, this guy sure is scary than a flaming meteor!! He looked at Clea for one moment with the same expression before answering like he was processing the question.

"My eyes are glowing as part of my design and being able to see in the dark when I need it." The man said.

Wait?! Design?!?! Nightvision?!? What is this guy talking about?! All thoughts in my head were spiraling until I finally spoke. 

"So... What do you mean by that?" I asked trying to keep a calm pressure.

He stared at me unblinkingly until he said.

"I am an android."