A Boy Named Jekyll

In a world full of magic and possibility there lived a boy. He was a curious looking boy with his always changing hair and his mousy features. His head was an oval shape that came to the point of his chin. He had a deep cupid's bow in his upper lip that gently met with his bottom. When he would smile his cupids bow would stretch until the curves would meet his ears; nearly hiding into his hair. His round almond eyes would crinkle as he would laugh. Just below his soft gold eyes was his slightly crooked nose. The reason his nose was crooked was because of a library adventure that had gone wrong. You see, this little boy was far from normal. Oh no he was not normal at all. In fact, this particular little boy just happened to be an orphan.

No one is quite sure what happened to his parents. One day the locals were walking down the street when a young lady heard the cry of a baby down an alley. Miss Lanaya went to investigate the crying when she came across a tiny little boy. The child seemed to be abandoned so Miss Lanaya took the child to the local authorities. Since there was no record of any births or missing children in the area, the Watchers decided to take the child to the local orphanage where Miss Lanaya volunteered. Miss Lanaya watched over the child as he grew and blossomed into a beautiful young man. Since no one knew the boys name, Miss Lanaya decided to call him Jekyll.

Jekyll was a peculiar boy with a bubbly attitude and a constant smile on his face. Wherever he went he would greet people with a smile and a cheery 'hello!' Making people happy was Jekyll's favorite thing to do. Jekyll believed that if he could make at least one person smile each day then the day would've been well spent. For a boy at the young age of 8, he knew that kindness was the key to happiness.

One day when Jekyll was playing on the grounds of the orphanage, some young boys started to bully him. Jekyll didn't understand why the boys were being rude to him, he had done nothing wrong. The boys continued to torment Jekyll and call him rude names. Jekyll tried to ask them why they were doing this but their only reply was because he was different. The boys continued to taunt and tease Jekyll until he started to cry. The boys started laughing and finally left after they succeeded with their task. They left Jekyll alone on the shore of the lake as they proceeded to walk back to the orphanage.

As the days went by, Jekyll couldn't get his mind off of the boys. He often wondered what had made them so sad that they felt they needed to inflict pain onto other people. With this still in mind, Jekyll decided that when the boys tried to be mean to him again, he would become their friend instead.

As the days rolled by and became warmer, Jekyll kept wondering where the boys had gone. One day, on a particularly warm Saturday, Jekyll saw the boys once again. This time, however, Jekyll went up to them before they could try to bully him again. Jekyll ran up to the boys and launched into a conversation with them before they could even bat an eyelash. The boys became confused and wondered why the kid they had been harassing just a few days before was now trying to become their friend. Baffled and awestruck they stuttered out the answers to Jekyll's questions.
Soon after the encounter with Jekyll, the boys realized that maybe he wasn't so bad after all. The boys decided that maybe they should try to become friends with the strange young boy with the ever changing hair and golden eyes. Later that day, the boys decided they were going to formally introduce themselves to Jekyll.

About a day later the boys introduced themselves to Jekyll. They told them that they were sorry for hurting him. Jekyll learned a lot of things that day. He learned that their names were Symon, Jaison, and Lieren. He also learned that they were brothers who had lost their mother the year before and they just thought that hurting others would make them feel better. Jekyll soon became best friends with all of the boys and they never left each others sides.

As the years went on, the boys stayed close. when they grew older they even became neighbors to one another. To think that the odd boy with the golden eyes and peculiar hair, would become best friends with the ones who once bullied him. Things are not as they seem and you might just be surprised at what you discover in the adventure of your life.

The moral of the story is to never hold a grudge and to forgive everyone. You never know what someone is going through or why they do the things that they do. Bully's bully for a reason. Keep your head up and try to make peace with them. Things will get better.