bring it on

Rose’s words kept repeating in my head.

“Do something…do something …do something…”

They echoed in my head reminding me that I had done nothing so far to defend myself other than stick with Harry. I had done nothing to stop being the victim and stand up for myself other than love someone I wasn’t supposed to love. Rose was right. I had to do something and I knew just what.

Two can play that game Nadia…two can play that game. Bring it on!

When Harry got in the apartment, he immediately wrapped his arms around me and kissed me hard.

“Hey baby! I missed you so much…how have you been?” he asked a wide smile spread on his face.

“Never better…” I responded my plan already prepared in my head. I could not lead Harry on it because I simply didn’t know how he’d react to it so I decided to act fast and to the point.

“You seem excited love, what’s up?” he asked curiously while I kept holding him tight trailing kisses along his jaw line, my fingers lacing his beautiful soft hair.

“Nothing…I’m just thrilled to see you. What… a girl can’t be happy to see her boyfriend whom she hasn’t seen in two days?”

“You are thrilled to see me love?” he grinned in satisfaction.

“Ecstatic!”

“I love the sound of that! So I am going to head off and see the baby now until you go get ready for dinner tonight. I am taking you out” he smiled giving me another chaste kiss.

“Actually… I have a favour to ask you, baby…” I said in hesitation testing the waters.

“Sure…whatever…name it” he answered innocently.

“Can I come with you?” I asked and he stopped breathing for a couple seconds.

“What? You said that you didn’t want to go just yet?” he said furrowing his eyebrows questioningly obviously taken off guard.

I intertwined our fingers and moved to kiss him once more before adding: “It’s been four months and I haven’t seen the baby apart from the photos you have shown me and he seems to be wonderful. I would really like to see him. Do you think that she’d mind?” I didn’t even want to utter her name, that’s how much I despised her. She was no longer the poor girl who had to raise a child alone. She was someone who forced a guy to marry her ruining his life and who threatened his family and his girlfriend to force him to get back with her. She had the police on my case, damaged my car, had my boss scold me, ratted me to my parents and had university students bad mouth me, cursing me in front of the whole library. She used her own son to come closer to him but I have had enough. She had to witness first hand that he was taken and I wouldn’t tolerate her shit no more…pardon my French.

“I could always ask…” he said still puzzled.

He took out the phone from his pocket and I took the bag he brought to my room leaving him in the living room pressing the keys that appeared on the screen.

“Are you sure about this, love?” he tried once more.

“Positive” I answered with certainty.

A few minutes later the beeping sound signaling a text was heard and my heart was beating fast.

“OK. It’s settled then, baby. Get your jacket…You are meeting Antony Styles in a while” he said and his proud smile could outshine the stars and the sun put together.